Author Topic: GSX and FSLabs issues  (Read 2884 times)

KimK

GSX and FSLabs issues
« on: September 08, 2019, 10:48:10 pm »
Hello,

I have few issues with the FSLabs and GSX:

1. The tug that is supposed to raise the aircraft doesn't raise the FSLabs A320/A319.

2. When the pushback is completed, it stops abruptly.

3. I downloaded the new GSX update. The tug driver overshots the node when I'm being pushbacked. I uploaded two screens, one of what is the selected pushback configuration and two with red and blue lines.

The blue line is more or less what I would expect. The red line is more or less what it did. It "overshot" the node.

4. Another question, not especially related to the FSLabs but... is it possible to add multiple nodes to do a more complex pushback procedure or is the limit 1 ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:57:38 pm by KimK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and FSLabs issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 11:01:29 am »
1. The tug that is supposed to raise the aircraft doesn't raise the FSLabs A320/A319.

No, it's not. For some reason, some 3rd party airplanes cannot be raised, most likely due to them using a custom "flight model" during ground handling so, we flagged this in the GSX internal database, so the truck won't try to raise them, to prevent potential side effects.

This option is user customizable but, if you try to use it on the Fs Labs, it won't do anything, because the airplane seem to not allow to be raised externally.

2. When the pushback is completed, it stops abruptly.

We'l check this. Does it happen with the FS Labs only, as it seems from your subject ?

3. I downloaded the new GSX update. The tug driver overshots the node when I'm being pushbacked. I uploaded two screens, one of what is the selected pushback configuration and two with red and blue lines. The blue line is more or less what I would expect. The red line is more or less what it did. It "overshot" the node.

And that's why you have the ability to move the Corner node, so you can control that. It will probably require move the Corner a bit up in this case. By default, is the exit node closes to the parking in the AFCAD, but since all AFCADs are different, you can move it to improve the curve.

4. Another question, not especially related to the FSLabs but... is it possible to add multiple nodes to do a more complex pushback procedure or is the limit 1 ?

Not right now, but eventually we'll add the ability to add any number of intermediate nodes. Most likely in the full customization editor, since the Quick Editor is supposed to be...quick.

KimK

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:45:26 pm »
No, it's not. For some reason, some 3rd party airplanes cannot be raised, most likely due to them using a custom "flight model" during ground handling so, we flagged this in the GSX internal database, so the truck won't try to raise them, to prevent potential side effects.

This option is user customizable but, if you try to use it on the Fs Labs, it won't do anything, because the airplane seem to not allow to be raised externally.

Ok roger, I'll report this to FSLabs to see if they can fix on their side.

We'l check this. Does it happen with the FS Labs only, as it seems from your subject ?

I only fly the FSLabs unfortunately so cannot tell, but I have seen someone on another forum say that it happened with all aircrafts and I asked on discord, someone did confirm that it was happening with the Majestic Dash-8.)

Please see the .rar I uploaded (https://ufile.io/elbkhqmu), I took several screenshots very fast so it's like a video so you can see the behavior. (You can refer to the GS on the ND to see that after push is completed abruptly, ground speed is still at 2, 1 and finally drops to 0 after some time). Happens 100% of the time just for info.

And that's why you have the ability to move the Corner node, so you can control that. It will probably require move the Corner a bit up in this case. By default, is the exit node closes to the parking in the AFCAD, but since all AFCADs are different, you can move it to improve the curve.

Yep, this was a custom node which I lined up with the taxiway line to make a nice 90° that's why I wondered!

Not right now, but eventually we'll add the ability to add any number of intermediate nodes. Most likely in the full customization editor, since the Quick Editor is supposed to be...quick.

Copy, thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:00:21 am »
I only fly the FSLabs unfortunately so cannot tell, but I have seen someone on another forum say that it happened with all aircrafts and I asked on discord, someone did confirm that it was happening with the Majestic Dash-8.

That's another airplane which surely use a custom flight model, which will likely require the pushback raising feature to be disabled in the GSX aircraft configuration page.

KimK

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 01:15:01 pm »
Just to confirm, I tried plenty of times, it never does one single turn from node to final position with the QuickEdit Push-back. It ends up in the correct position but before it makes several adjustments.

As I forgot to take a screen, here's what it did.
Black lines were centrelines, black dot was the initial aircraft position, blue dot was the placed node and the red line what it did.

--

For the pushback abrupt stop, does it mean because they have custom models it will always stop abruptly ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:48:28 am »
Just to confirm, I tried plenty of times, it never does one single turn from node to final position with the QuickEdit Push-back. It ends up in the correct position but before it makes several adjustments.

As I forgot to take a screen, here's what it did.
Black lines were centrelines, black dot was the initial aircraft position, blue dot was the placed node and the red line what it did.

I suggest waiting for the next update, which should be released later today or tomorrow, which will display the actual route before performing a pushback, making it very clear how the placement of the corner node affects the path.