Author Topic: ILS 28C inop  (Read 2760 times)

B3stur

ILS 28C inop
« on: September 09, 2019, 02:13:17 pm »
Hello,

ILS 28C is inop due to a false identifier (IVEZE). Please fix this asap. Didn't you do any beta testing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ILS 28C inop
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:39 am »
- IVEZE is the CORRECT identifier for ILS 28C, at frequency 108.95, according to current Navigraph charts, and according to the charts with supply with the scenery.

- The ILS it's included in the scenery AFCAD, as indicated in the attached screenshot from ADE

- The ILS works fine in the simulator, as indicated in the attached screenshot from within P3D, showing the correct identifier, at the correct frequency, and the perfectly lined up localizer/glidepath, which is in perfect sync with the PAPI lights.

So, the scenery is absolutely fine.

If with "inop", you mean it's inop in your 3rd party airplane FMC, that's likely because your navdata is outdated.

B3stur

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 02:23:21 am »
You're wrong. I have never seen a five letter ILS identifier. That's why some addons like PMDG 777 cannot handle the ILS signal.
Please fix with a new AFCAD. For a 40€ add-on this is not the quality to expect.

See also this FAA document: http://tfmlearning.faa.gov/Publications/atpubs/LID/0102.htm

Instrument Landing System (ILS) Localizers and Associated DME's. The initial ILS localizer is usually assigned the same identifier as the airport it serves. (This may be altered if the airport has not yet been assigned a three-letter identifier, or if the airport identifier begins with a “K,” “N,” or “W”). If additional localizers are established, separate three-letter identifiers will be assigned each facility. This shall apply whether an additional localizer is to serve the opposite end of an ILS equipped runway or a parallel runway, even though both systems operate on the same frequencies on a non-simultaneous basis. To distinguish the ILS localizer from another VHF facility using the same identifier, the keyed ILS identifier is preceded by the letter “I”. When DME is installed as an integral component of an ILS, the same identifier, preceded by the letter “I” will be assigned to both the localizer and DME.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:30:16 am by B3stur »

sticky1202

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 02:35:00 pm »
Works fine in my sim. 108.95/IVZE.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 05:58:33 pm »
You're wrong. I have never seen a five letter ILS identifier.

You are entirely right, I missed the typo in the ID, I'm very sorry.

That's why some addons like PMDG 777 cannot handle the ILS signal.

I don't know about the 777, but the PMDG 747 surely can tune the ILS just fine, see the attached screenshot.

Please fix with a new AFCAD. For a 40€ add-on this is not the quality to expect.

The fixed AFCAD is already up now, we obviously tested them all, with default planes and the PMDG 747, and the ILS could be tuned in all cases. This was clearly a typo, which wasn't so obvious to spot, considering the ILS works when tuned by frequency.