Author Topic: New Functions  (Read 2691 times)

torsten

New Functions
« on: September 08, 2019, 11:33:00 pm »
Hello,

the quick pusback is nice so far, but if possible, can you add a line which shows the way of the Nose gear during the set up of the quick pushback ?
That would be nice to have because then we can see where exactly the nose gear is pushed and there are no too small curves ( which makes the PB Truck going crazy )
Maybe it is also possible to have another custom pushback corner to get a smother pushback.

If you the also can make a option for the still stupid question about starting the engines before pushback, the it would be back to perfect is it was.

ahh, i forgot...what about towing ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Functions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:44:05 am »
the quick pusback is nice so far, but if possible, can you add a line which shows the way of the Nose gear during the set up of the quick pushback ?

This will be added for sure. It's not the easiest thing, because we want to do it right, so it will be a simulation of the actual curve performed by the active truck+airplane, not just a generic curve. But it will come and fairly soon I'd say.

That would be nice to have because then we can see where exactly the nose gear is pushed and there are no too small curves ( which makes the PB Truck going crazy )

Of course it will be nice, we know exactly what is missing and what will be added, don't worry.

Maybe it is also possible to have another custom pushback corner to get a smother pushback.

The program already insert an automatic "invisible" corner by itself now, to do precisely that. That was to made the quick pushback as quick as possible, without having to enter too much stuff. It's not by any means supposed to be a complete editor. The complete editor will eventually allow you to add as many corners point as you like. But the quick one should be..."quick".

If you the also can make a option for the still stupid question about starting the engines before pushback, the it would be back to perfect is it was.

The question is not "stupid", regardless how many times you keep calling it that, and you have been explained so many times why is that. But yes, to stop you from complaining, we'll add a per-airplane configuration option, so you'll be able to specify which airplanes will do the "stupid" question, which of course is not "stupid" for many of them namely, all the ones without an APU and, being the APU a non-standard system ( or, more precisely, nobody use the standard system ), GSX cannot possibly know which airplane have it or not automatically, so it must be an airplane customization option.

ahh, i forgot...what about towing ?

As already confirmed so many times, this will come too. Everything will come to the Pushback, eventually, don't worry.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:50:54 am by virtuali »

klisura

Re: New Functions
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:31 pm »
I love aircraft repositioning feature but I think it could be very useful when you have chosen a too small stand and realize it launching GSX menu, but unfortunately in that case GSX doesn't even open. Why not give the possibility to use the repositioning feature just when you have chosen a stand not compatible with GSX?