Author Topic: Default Jetways Not Disabled  (Read 1791 times)

JasonPC

Default Jetways Not Disabled
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:08:42 am »
Something must be corrupted in my GSX installation and I can't figure out how to fix it. I keep getting green messages in P3D saying that an update was applied and default jetways are enabled and to disable them in the GSX Level 2 Control Panel.

I go in the control panel and press disable default Jetways and the setting doesn't take. The restore default jetways button becomes active for a second and then goes away. The message in the control panel still reads Default Jetways are enabled.

I don't see any default Jetways but the message in the sim persists that they are enabled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default Jetways Not Disabled
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 01:42:14 pm »
Have you replaced the default airport scenery objects with a 3rd party modification or you are missing the files altogether ?

Jetways are supposed to be located here:

P3D4\Scenery\Global\scenery\airports_objects.bgl

On a normal installation, you are supposed to have and airports_objects.bgl file, and after installing GSX and airports_objects.gsx file, which is a backup of your original file the GSX installer made. Do you have both of them ?

JasonPC

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 01:48:30 pm »
I did modify this file with MCX because I had a unexplained glitch in the default beacon light (both dynamic lights on the same side) that required me to manually go in and modify file file to fix it. Installing content of p3dv4.5 did not fix it (maybe installing scenery would but that may overwrite orbx files). Other than that entry there were no other changes to it. I do have the backup.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:51:00 pm by JasonPC »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 01:51:34 pm »
I suggest restoring the original file, which should be done by removing it, and reinstalling the Content.

In theory, the GSX Control Panel should be able to find the original jetway and patch it, even if the file is not exactly the same as the original one. However, if objects have been reordered by MCX, it's possible they cannot be found because they are in a very different location of the file, and the Control Panel doesn't search the entire file, only the general area in they were supposed to be found, as an optimization.

If you could send me your modified file by email, I could check this.

JasonPC

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 01:09:18 am »
I restored the airport_objects.bgl from the backup file and reinstalled v4.5 content. It did not fix the problem with the beacon light. For now I'm just going to disable effects fx_beacong.fx and fx_beaconwhi.fx as it just looks ridiculous (they are facing the same side on my PC). This did resolve the GSX message about default jetways. What e-mail should I send the MCX modified airport_objects.bgl to?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 02:41:07 am »
The one on the "Contact Us" page of this site.