Author Topic: ATC runway selection  (Read 3031 times)

johnk51

ATC runway selection
« on: September 05, 2019, 04:19:03 am »
Today I did a flight from KLAX to KORD.  When I got close AS for P3d v4 was saying active runways were 32L/R.  The wind was 030/10, but when ATC assigned the runway, they said 22L.  I looked at the choices and the only ones were 27R, 27L, 22R.  There was no 28L, 28C, nor 28R.  Then I looked at the AS gauge and it showed the 9's should be the runways.  Are ATC and Active Sky using the default KORD?  I've ran make runway for fsuipc and it has the correct runways. If it's using 14/32 witch is old  then a lot of time landing on the 28's and 27's will be with the wind.  And Active Sky gets updated with Navigraph every month.
John K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC runway selection
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:40:06 am »
it's likely you have a conflicting AFCAD for KORD, most likely coming from an AI traffic package ( if not from another scenery for the same airport ), so the ATC is not seeing the updated runways, which are surely there, together with their Approach procedures, in the AFCAD that comes with KORD V2.

johnk51

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 05:33:02 pm »
I've gone through all the folders, and removed all of my oharex leftovers.  Still don't have 10c/28c, 10r/28L for landing nor t/o.  I ran the live updater, and a couple of files it installed confused me. It installed Addon manager\ couatl\oharex.lw.xml, and couatl\GSX\airports\kord_fsdt.pye.  I don't know if the pye is the old 2011 file or kordv2.  Also last night I started a flight from kord, and it said the trial period started.  But when I look in addon manager, it had kordv2 installed and active.  I've also don't have any other afcads  for kord.  Should I remove the oharex file again?
John K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 10:03:16 am »
Also last night I started a flight from kord, and it said the trial period started. 

What does it said, exactly ? Which KORD was referring to ?

johnk51

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 07:19:05 pm »
I got it all fixed.  There was some left over files of the 2011 version.  Now it works fine.
John K