Author Topic: JFK2 for P3Dv4  (Read 3150 times)

cirurgiao

JFK2 for P3Dv4
« on: September 05, 2019, 02:15:57 am »
jfk2_fsx_setup installer was denied with a message that I needed GSX Level 2 (which I have installed) so I went to Addons/Addon Manager and used my key for JFK. Didn't find a FSDT_KJFK folder anywhere (shouldn't it exist?). Run FSDT Live Update.
Running P3Dv4 JFK has no jetways; instead there are a lot of rose Xs where it should have jetways.
Can't attach a printscreen showing this even after opening Additional Optios and using Choose File
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK2 for P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:51:54 am »
jfk2_fsx_setup installer was denied with a message that I needed GSX Level 2 (which I have installed)

That's because you are installing JFK with an outdated version of the installer, one that doesn't recognize the latest GSX L2 updates. Download and install the current version of the JFK V2 installer which is online now.

so I went to Addons/Addon Manager and used my key for JFK. Didn't find a FSDT_KJFK folder anywhere (shouldn't it exist?). Run FSDT Live Update.

Not sure what you are asking here. The activation status of the scenery doesn't make any different in relationship with your inability to install because the installer didn't found GSX L2. That's only because you are not using the latest installer.

Running P3Dv4 JFK has no jetways; instead there are a lot of rose Xs where it should have jetways.

This, instead, doesn't have anything to do with JFK or GSX. Those Red X are coming from SODE, because ANOTHER scenery that use SODE cannot find its objects (its jetways, most likely), this usually because you removed that scenery in the wrong way, or its uninstaller (assuming you used it or it has one), hasn't properly cleaned up its stuff.

You can fix the Red X by removing their SODE files from either these folders:

C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\XML

C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\SDX

cirurgiao

Re: JFK2 for P3Dv4
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 02:13:46 pm »
Tks for your excellent support (as always), Umberto. I downloaded new installer of JFKv2 and will run it.
Discovered that I have a DD scenery for JFK (which I bought before buying your JFKv2) inside ...\SODE\SDX but no JFK folder inside \SODE\XML. I deleted this folder. Lets see what happens
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:20:14 pm by cirurgiao »
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR