Author Topic: Missing Wig Wag 1 **SOLVED with P3D 4.5 HF2**  (Read 6151 times)

bhavin115

Missing Wig Wag 1 **SOLVED with P3D 4.5 HF2**
« on: September 05, 2019, 12:11:23 am »
Hi,
Not sure if someone else has mentioned it or you are aware but there are few locations which are missing wig wag lights on taxiways crossing the runway. Some are also missing hold short markings and hold short in ground lights.  There also a location where the wig wag light is inside the taxiway sign. Attached are the photos. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 01:52:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Wig Wag 1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:44:50 am »
This has been discussed and answered already on the forum. It's likely one of the few remaining bugs in the simulator which should eventually be fixed by the next LM update.

bhavin115

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 05:54:09 pm »
Hi,
Am confused, isn’t the wig wags and markings on the taxiways part of FSDT scenery and not default P3D? Why would a update from LM fix it? Sorry but am I missing something? Can you post link for the prior discussion. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 02:06:43 pm »
Am confused, isn’t the wig wags and markings on the taxiways part of FSDT scenery and not default P3D. Why would a update from LM fix it?

Because it's likely a bug in the rendering engine, and there are still some left, affecting only PBR sceneries.

There was another bug, which caused the details of Terminal 5 going up in the air, but we were able to find a workaround by converting that object as a Simobject to be handled by our software instead of the sim (which prevents the bug for some reason), but doing the same kind of fix for the wig-wag would likely have a bigger performance hit, since it's not a single object that need to be fixed, but are many of them, and this would likely cause stuttering/pauses.

That's why I suggest waiting for a fix, since the issue is surely not as annoying has having a terminal in the air.

bhavin115

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 03:42:00 pm »
Got it, so it’s not just me but the scenery itself was built with those signs missing. Thanks for clarifying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 02:45:58 am »
Got it, so it’s not just me but the scenery itself was built with those signs missing. Thanks for clarifying.

That's not what I've said. The scenery has obviously being build with all wigwags in their correct place, and they work correctly here but, for some reason, they don't appear with some systems/setting, and this is likely some kind of bug that affects only some systems, similar to the bug of floating objects which, again, is a bug of the sim, but we managed to side-step.

bhavin115

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 11:25:12 pm »
aaaa ok makes sense now. fingers crossed for a update  ;D

bhavin115

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 09:19:37 pm »
Hi,
Will the HF2 fix the issues i mentioned above? Thanks

srcooke

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 11:45:20 am »
Hi,
Will the HF2 fix the issues i mentioned above? Thanks

wigwags are now functional here with P3D HF2

Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 01:51:54 pm »
wigwags are now functional here with P3D HF2

Yes, we were quite sure this was a simulator bug, and in fact, it's indicated in the release notes:

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2019/09/115750/

* Fixed bug affecting the visibility of attached effects.

bhavin115

Re: Missing Wig Wag 1 **SOLVED with P3D 4.5 HF2**
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 05:10:50 pm »
Hi,
I have not update to HF2 yet (making sure all add on work). I will report back this weekend if it’s fixed on my end. Does the update fix the missing markings and the actual locations where the wig wag was missing or placed inside a taxiway sign? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 02:16:54 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with missing markings. We had some missing hold short markings in the first first initial release, but it was fixed 2 days after release ( August 24th update )

bhavin115

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 10:09:09 pm »
Hi,
So i updated P3D to latest version with HF2 & KORD and just checked to see if things were fixed. The wig wags that are showing are working fine now but there are still missing wig wags, in ground hold short lights (at the rwy hold short markings) and hold short markings at the following locations:

1) RWY 28L-10R:
     a) Taxiway W5 is missing in ground hold short lights

2) RWY 28C - 10C:
     a) Taxiway GG, HH, F, P6, T, P3, P2, P1, DD, CC, BB and Z are missing in ground hold short lights

3) RWY 28R - 10L:
     a) Taxiway GG, EE, N4, F, N3, T, P4, N1, DD, CC, BB and Z are missing in ground hold short lights

4) RWY 22L-4R:
     a) Taxiway Y1, Y2, Y3 and Y4 are missing in ground hold short lights

5) RWY 22R-4L:
    a) Taxiway J, G1, A3, A2, G, A1, M and NN are missing in ground hold short lights
    b) Taxiway A1 and NN are missing wig wags

4) RWY 27L-9R:
    a) Taxiway PP, G4, M, G1 and R are missing in ground hold short lights
    b) Taxiway PP missing wig wags
    c) Taxiway TT, G3 are missing wig wags, hold short markings and in ground hold short lights

I believe i got them all but someone else can double check and verify. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 12:57:38 pm »
Do you have Navigraph charts ? If yes, check the 20-9H4 "Low visibility taxi routes" chart, which shows exactly where wig-wags are and where the hold short ground lights are, and you'll see that most of those you reported as missing, are in fact correct in the scenery.

1) RWY 28L-10R:
     a) Taxiway W5 is missing in ground hold short lights

This is in fact missing in the scenery, we'll fix it now.

2) RWY 28C - 10C:
     a) Taxiway GG, HH, F, P6, T, P3, P2, P1, DD, CC, BB and Z are missing in ground hold short lights

No. According to the chart, all the hold zones along RWY28C only have wig wag lights, but no ground hold short lights

3) RWY 28R - 10L:
     a) Taxiway GG, EE, N4, F, N3, T, P4, N1, DD, CC, BB and Z are missing in ground hold short lights

No. According to the chart, ground hold short lights are present only at the north side of T, the north side of N5 and EE, and both sides of Y, and that's exactly how they are in the scenery

4) RWY 22L-4R:
     a) Taxiway Y1, Y2, Y3 and Y4 are missing in ground hold short lights

No, according to the chart, none of the hold short zones on 4R have ground lights, and only Y3, Y4 and Y5 have wig-wags. In fact, we have a wig-wag on Y2 in the scenery which isn't there.

5) RWY 22R-4L:
    a) Taxiway J, G1, A3, A2, G, A1, M and NN are missing in ground hold short lights

No, according to the chart, none of the hold short zones on 4L have ground lights, except on C, and that's were they are in the scenery.

b) Taxiway A1 and NN are missing wig wags

Yes, the one on NN is missing from the scenery in fact.

4) RWY 27L-9R:
    a) Taxiway PP, G4, M, G1 and R are missing in ground hold short lights

No, according to the chart, ground hold short lights are supposed to be only on the south side of G, M and both sides of A1, and that's where they are in the scenery

b) Taxiway PP missing wig wags

No, according to the chart, wig wags on PP are only on the south side of the runway, and that's where they are in the scenery

c) Taxiway TT, G3 are missing wig wags, hold short markings and in ground hold short lights

No, according to the chart, there's are no wig wags or any other lights on TT/G3.

So, we'll add the missing ground hold short lights at W5, the missing wig wag from NN and remove the extra wig wag on Y2, but everything else it 100% accurate to the Low Vis chart.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:59:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 03:33:17 pm »
The updated files are on Live Update now.