Author Topic: Black triangle flashes  (Read 23259 times)

Kevin_28

Re: Black triangle flashes
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2019, 09:51:31 pm »
Only time I had black triangles when when I was using MSAA. When I switched back to SSAA, the black triangles ceased.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 11:03:14 pm »
Yeah unfortunately LM released hot fix 2 which was supposedly supposed to fix it.

No, the HF2 fixed mainly two things, which were ALSO mistakenly assumed by lots of users where "O'Hare bugs", regardless of the fact we kept saying it was a P3D4 bug, and they were:

- The corrupted polygons floating in the air, resulting in some terminals parts floating, that happened only in PBR mode and only if the object was included in a .BGL. We could side-step this, because this didn't happened if the object was a Simobjects, so could offer a fix *before* LM really fixed it, by converting the affected objects as Simobjects.

- The non-working SSAA antialiasing modes in PBR materials, resulting in moire/shimmering effects. We made some tweaks by lowering the bump maps intensity but, the real fix only came with HF2.

These were fully documented and easily replicated bugs of the sim, which happened on 100% of the systems. I could replicate them easily, on any P3D4 that didn't had HF2 installed.

The black triangles are totally different: they are clearly dependent on some specific settings, and I could only see them in videos posted by users. They can still be bugs in the sim, but unless you could find a way or a combination of settings to cause their appearance on ANY system, so that even LM could replicate them, it would be very difficult to get their attention.

MWerthers747

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2020, 02:32:11 am »
Still getting these triangles after all this time and after countless updates. What a joke. Eat my ass you fuck!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 10:45:09 am »
Still getting these triangles after all this time and after countless updates. What a joke. Eat my ass you fuck!!!

And you just won a permanent ban on this forum. Being wrong and not having understood my last post, doesn't give you the right to express yourself like that. And the topic is closed, since it has been already proven, multiple times, the triangles are not caused by the airport.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:47:29 am by virtuali »