Author Topic: Black triangle flashes  (Read 23505 times)

american398

Re: Black triangle flashes
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »
For those who's using PTA, please do disable "Smooth Day/Night Transitions" in Autogen Lighting Section. It helped me a lot with night-time textures' problems in IMS WSSS and KATL PBR sceneries.

will that get rid of the triangles?

american398

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2019, 09:38:50 pm »
Well I updated to the 4.5 HF2 and the flashes are still there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »
Well I updated to the 4.5 HF2 and the flashes are still there.

Have you updated both the Client and the Content ?

Have you reset all shaders after updating ?

Do you use any kind of shader modifcations ?

american398

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2019, 04:29:15 pm »
Have I updated both client and the content?
yes

Have I reset all shaders after updating?
yes

Do I use any kind of shader modifications?
no

F737NG

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2019, 05:15:26 pm »
I think this just proves that this whole company is a fraud. Continuously denying any "bugs" in your software. Meanwhile, everyone else's software has bugs yet your software is god like with zero flaws. Your in denial dude. Good luck on your remake of KLAX and KJFK because those are going to be 10 times worse than the botched release that was KORDV2. Oh and your new scenery ZBAD looks like a stink star.

"stink star"
How old are you, 5?

It's annoying that these triangle flashes happen at KORD v2, but as pointed out earlier in this thread it's not the only airport scenery that suffers from them. I have had flashing triangle problems at two other developers' airports (AS EGLL and FT KLAS).

General Aviation

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2019, 05:33:32 pm »
Have I updated both client and the content?
yes

Have I reset all shaders after updating?
yes

Do I use any kind of shader modifications?
no

I also have done these steps to see if your trouble shooting tips have worked but I have not seen a fix in doing this. I have never used PTA/Tomato shade or anything that manipulates shaders. I have cleared scenery indexes, shader caches and still black triangles. What can I provide to you that might help you figure out what is going on because your trouble shooting tips are not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 10:36:37 am »
Have you used any tweaks to the video card ? Try to reinstall the video drivers, and choose a "clean install", to reset everything to default.

american398

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 02:15:23 pm »
Yes, just updated and put default settings in and triangles are still there

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem. As you can see from other posters, it affects other sceneries too so, it can only be caused by some tweak/setting not fully compatible with the sim or, more precisely, the sim not fully compatible with some tweaks.

american398

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 02:38:23 pm »
Well I think that’s just ridiculous now sir. I’m not using any tweaks outside of the settings already within p3d. We have been going back and forth on this for 2 months now. We have done all the troubleshooting steps AND updated p3d to HF2. Don’t you think you need to do something on your end to help? I think you know what the problem is but don’t want to admit it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2019, 02:51:18 pm »
We have been going back and forth on this for 2 months now. We have done all the troubleshooting steps AND updated p3d to HF2. Don’t you think you need to do something on your end to help?

I'll repeat it AGAIN what several other users are already said, here's a quote of 3 different users who posted in this same thread:

This issue is not specific to KORD. I have the flashing triangles at other airports. It's possible its an artifact of PBR, or graphics settings that are too high.

Umberto... This problem is real, and it is NOT unique to your airports.

It's annoying that these triangle flashes happen at KORD v2, but as pointed out earlier in this thread it's not the only airport scenery that suffers from them. I have had flashing triangle problems at two other developers' airports (AS EGLL and FT KLAS).

I think you know what the problem is but don’t want to admit it.

Are you serious ? If the problem REALLY affected only KORD, and I "knew what it is", it would have been fixed already, like everything else which was REALLY a problem in the scenery.

Hasn't the KORD shimmering "problem" story thought you anything ? Users were complaining of shimmering effect on textures, which obviously affected *ALL* sceneries using PBR, and accused us of not doing anything. Of course we couldn't do anything: it was a BUG in the sim, which had SSAA support broken (which is the common method to prevent shimmering) and, guess what, it was FIXED in HF2, without requiring ANY intervention on our part.

There's a difference in this case, while the texture shimmering was a known bug, which we could replicate on a non-HF2 patched P3D4, nobody knows what cause this flashing triangle problem, I CANNOT reproduce it in any way but, of course, I don't run with too many other add-ons, and I don't use insanely high settings so, it's possible this can only happen with too many other add-ons, too high-settings, incompatible tweaks/settings, etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:54:44 pm by virtuali »

airbadger

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 03:05:26 am »
Has anyone figured out what's causing the black triangles? It only happens at ORD. I have a few other large PBR airports and don't see this. Reverting to standard shaders after using Tomato does not help. I'm not going outside my 8GB of VRAM.

TheBosnianSee-saw

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 03:51:30 am »
Has anyone figured out what's causing the black triangles? It only happens at ORD. I have a few other large PBR airports and don't see this. Reverting to standard shaders after using Tomato does not help. I'm not going outside my 8GB of VRAM.

nope, were screwed and nothing will be done about it.

airbadger

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 12:59:32 pm »

nope, were screwed and nothing will be done about it.

Well, if it's something we can get to reproduce on Umberto's machine I'm sure he would fix it. But I agree if it's on Lockheed's end it'll likely never get fixed.

american398

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 03:12:02 pm »
Yeah unfortunately LM released hot fix 2 which was supposedly supposed to fix it. I already reached out to LM on their forums and they told me to come here lol. I guess the best way to experiment is to literally turn all sliders to the left and bring one slider up at a time to find the culprit.