Author Topic: AFCAD  (Read 8907 times)

rjlfry

Re: AFCAD
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 09:53:29 pm »
I don't change the name ADE does so FSDT airports AFCADs cannot be edited then glad you told me ill bear it in mind.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48638267052/in/dateposted-public/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:03:28 pm by rjlfry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 10:44:08 pm »
I don't change the name ADE does so FSDT airports AFCADs cannot be edited then glad you told me ill bear it in mind.

Please stop saying one cannot edit FSDT AFCADs, because it's just not true. ADE by default creates a project with a certain name adding your initials, so it will Compile an AFCAD with a .BGL name that matches the name of your ADE project.

But if you SAVE your Project in ADE, using the File->Save Airport As menu, and name the ADE project the same as the name of the original AFCAD from FSDT, it will Compile it with the correct name.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »
 Or just compile it the way you normally do and then rename the resulting .bgl file to what it's supposed to be named. Personally I keep all sorts of different names for my ADE projects at the same airport and then adjust the compiled bgl name.
 Incidentally, I've also changed all of the parking at ORD to Ramp GA and then just ensure good airline codes and sizing and it's looking great. I don't even own ORD, just messing around on the demo for now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 11:06:50 pm »
Incidentally, I've also changed all of the parking at ORD to Ramp GA and then just ensure good airline codes and sizing and it's looking great.

We always set our previous airports to be Ramp GA, and user complained about us being weird doing that. So, we tried to be as standard as possible with KORD.

Also, I would like to know, even privately by PM or email, what changes you made, and the reasoning behind it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 12:43:17 am »
 PM sent,
 I changed it back to how you used to do it as the FSDT logic was sound. I don't want the stock airport vehicles getting in the way and also that in the real world there is no such thing as Ramp_Cargo, Gate_Small, Medium, or Large etc. Code them right, size them right, and have enough parking on the field and you won't have any issues.

sticky1202

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 02:10:51 pm »
So, you wanted input on what people change on your AFCAD's'. For me, I shortened runway 10R/28L so only smaller aircraft (basically RJ's) only use that runway ,and most mainline airliners will now use 10C/28C. (spreading out arrival traffic). I deleted all cargo (airline identified) codes. To me it seems pointless to put the same 500 (I exaggerated) codes in every cargo spot. why not just leave them blank? Cargo aircraft will park at cargo spots (if aircraft config. is correct). The only ones I label are FDX and UPS. I changed the radius of all the parking to conform to my personal aircraft sizes. As far as airline codes, JBU parks at G1/G2 (different sizes as they fly E190's and A320). DAL/DALX parks at E7/E9/E11/E14/E16/E17. ASA at G6/G4. NKS at L5/L7/L9/L11. ACA/ACAX/JZA at E1/E2/E3. FFT at M1-M3. At the international terminal (terminal 5), I removed all airline codes because all aircraft that do not have an assigned gate code will park here which is basically all international carriers. I also reduced the size of several terminal 5 gates to 737/A320 size to accommodate CAY AMX BHS CMP AIJ VIV and VOI which fly narrow body aircraft to ORD. I went to "flightaware" to see what gates were being used most often. I also rearranged the order (list) of runways on the runways page. The runway that is at the bottom (from the way I understand it) will determine the landing direction. I want ORD on either a West flow or East flow, so I put 9R/27L at the bottom and revised the other runways accordingly (-7.9 degrees). This is why I appreciate the option of NOT updating the AFCAD on your FSDT updates! Thanks for a great airport!

Jim B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 05:37:39 pm »
I deleted all cargo (airline identified) codes. To me it seems pointless to put the same 500 (I exaggerated) codes in every cargo spot. why not just leave them blank? Cargo aircraft will park at cargo spots (if aircraft config. is correct).

I think I already explained the reasoning behind this.

Some popular AI add-on products, such as UT Live, sometimes have Cargo planes flagged with a non-Cargo airline codes. So, if we didn't had any airline codes in the Cargo parking, these planes would end up on the passenger terminals, because they have non-Cargo airline codes, they fit the parking and, being usually larger planes, they might steal some of the precious Heavy Gates on the main terminals.