Author Topic: AFCAD  (Read 8908 times)

rjlfry

AFCAD
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:21:43 pm »
It seems the AFCAD is linked to the jetways if you try to edit the gate codes and compile ADE will come up with an error, if you then let ADE fix this you lose the jetways the same is true at KLAX since the last update, I am trying to edit the parking to stop airlines parking at Cargo gates for my AI, this I have done at other FSDT airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »
As explained so many times on the forum, the GSX customization, which includes jetways, is tied to the AFCAD name so, if you really want to change airline codes (no need, since they are already correct, and if you think they aren't, please make a list of the things you wanted to be changed), just be sure your AFCAD has the same name as the FSDT one.

I am trying to edit the parking to stop airlines parking at Cargo gates for my AI, this I have done at other FSDT airports.

You won't be able to prevent this entirely. When there are too many AIs and all the non-cargo parking spots are taken, the simulator will start assigning them to every available parking that is large enough to fit the overflowing airplane, ignoring both the parking type and the airline code.

In addition to that, we assigned non-Cargo codes to such parkings, because some popular AI products, like UT Live, have several cargo AI set a non-Cargo code, so they wouldn't appear on the cargo parking spots if they didn't had the matching non-cargo variant of the code.

rjlfry

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:11:02 pm »
And as I have explained my other FSDT airports I can edit the AFCAD without affecting GSX as it`s the original cad edited placed in the scenery and tuning OFF the other, GSX 2 still works but now the jetways are tied to the AFCAD in KORD and KLAX, I will try the ADE forums to see if they can come up with something that will ignore the xml error without changing it, or in future ADE will be pointless for users.

Cargo gate codes I use "ABR ,CLX ,GTI ,FDX ,CPA ,AZQ ,UPS ,CKK ,ANA ,DLH ,AHK ,CJT   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:14:24 pm by rjlfry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
More precisely, the jetways are "tied" to the AFCAD, in a way the AFCAD must first match the name. So, if the only thing you want to do is to change airline codes, which is what you said you wanted to do, as long as the AFCAD has the same name, GSX L2 jetways will surely work.

However, if in addition to "just" changing airline codes for existing parking spots, you'll also change their names or numbers, THEN you'll have a problem, because you'll break the association between the GSX customization and the actual AFCAD.

rjlfry

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 02:38:12 pm »
I am not changing the name or number only removing the airline code then adding my own, for example outside the UPS building I will use only one code UPS then only UPS will park, an incoming Caro flight finds the Cargo gates full it will park at a gate of the correct size available not just cargo with the code. As I have found cargo parking at jetways.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48636027471/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48635669023/in/dateposted-public/

The parking code for this aircraft is RAMP_CARGO.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:50:30 pm by rjlfry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 03:21:04 pm »
I'll repeat it again:

When there are too many AIs and all the non-cargo parking spots are taken, the simulator will start assigning them to every available parking that is large enough to fit the overflowing airplane, IGNORING both the parking type and the airline code.

In addition to that, we assigned non-Cargo codes to such parking spots, because some popular AI products, like UT Live, have several cargo AI set a non-Cargo code, so they wouldn't appear on the cargo parking spots if they didn't had the matching non-cargo variant of the code.

With "non-cargo" code, I don't mean the airplane type code ( ex. RAMP_CARGO ) but the airline code itself.

Lots of 3rd party AIs have non-Cargo airline codes (for example UAL instead of UALC even if they ARE Cargo ) so, if we didn't had UAL on the Cargo parking spots, for example, they wouldn't go there and would start to fill the passenger terminals too.

rjlfry

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 05:12:15 pm »
Which takes me back to in future editing FSDT AFCAD`s will be a no no other developers it`s ok without affecting GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 05:14:30 pm »
Which takes me back to in future editing FSDT AFCAD`s will be a no no other developers it`s ok without affecting GSX.

Why you keep repeating this ? I already explained quite clearly: if you change just the parking codes, without changing parking names and keep the AFCAD name the same, it will NOT affect GSX.

The rest of my explanation about parking code was just to point out they are already fine as they are, but that's entirely irrelevant to GSX so, if you really want to change them, see previous the point.

rjlfry

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 05:25:31 pm »
Open up the AFCAD make NO changes then compile and this is what you see.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48636880137/in/dateposted-public/

IF you then let ADE fix it you lose the jetways.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48636736736/in/dateposted-public/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 05:31:50 pm »
Open up the AFCAD make NO changes then compile and this is what you see.

That's not an error, or course. The compiler reports as error the dummy cross-wind runways ADE places by *itself* to allow multiple runway operations, and is telling they are outside the airport TEST range, since they are intentionally placed very far from the airport, which is a normal.

rjlfry

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 05:35:36 pm »
Yes then allowing ADE to fix this you end up with no Jetways they are gone.

The AFCAD complied with no changes just fixed by ADE.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48636515468/in/dateposted-public/

The airport after using the compiled AFCAD.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48637013282/in/dateposted-public/
No jetways.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:54:21 pm by rjlfry »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 06:51:57 pm »
 It also comes down to the coding of your airlines, if you code your Cathay freighters with CPA, instead of CPAC or DLH instead of GEC then you are asking for your airline and cargo traffic to mix parking spots. Setting parking spots to RAMP_CARGO vs GATE etc is also nearly useless. First and foremost you want the right sized spots and the correct parking codes. Do that as well as having enough proper spots for your traffic and you will never have freighters parking at the terminal or airliners in the cargo spots unless it's intentional.
 I also deleted the dummy cross-wind runways and compiled as a test and didn't lose any jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 06:55:57 pm »
Yes then allowing ADE to fix this you end up with no Jetways they are gone.

Because you changed the name of the AFCAD!!!

Check your files, your edited AFCAD is now named KORD_ADEP4_rjlfry.BGL, while the original from FSDT you backed up is called KORD_ADEX_FSDT.BGL, that's why you lost the GSX customization.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 08:15:07 pm »
OK at least it`s not affecting my other FSDT airports.

Because not all of them use GSX L2 jetways created by a GSX .INI file. If I told you you MUST keep the same name, there was a reason for that.

Also, it's not true that renaming the AFCAD has "not affected" other FSDT airports. It might look like that, because you only noticed the jetways, but there's another GSX customization we use, located in \Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports, that contains special customization not possible with an .INI file, that are ALSO tied to the original name of the AFCAD, for example the friendly naming of terminals, and if you renamed the AFCAD, you'll lose that one too.

That's why I keep saying do not change the name. If I'm saying something, it's because there IS a reason for it.