Author Topic: Stutters  (Read 3124 times)

OldOrchard512

Stutters
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:13:35 am »
Hello -
Purchased ORD.  I think its a great scenery overall just need to figure out whats causing my sim to consistently jump / stutter.  I get bad spikes with ORD & SDF.  All of my other sceneries run great, no issues.

Can anyone suggest a good spot to start troubleshooting? 

Thanks!
Tom Moretti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stutters
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:32:50 am »
Stuttering is usually caused by a lot of Simobjects being created/destroyed, which is what we USED to do a lot in sceneries like KSDF, to prevent the sim from crashing in FSX. Since KORD V2 doesn't have that problem, it's NOT doing much of that, and 90% of the scenery uses the standard .BGL format, so you should see a LOT less stuttering that at KSDF, since they are made in entirely different ways.

The biggest thing that is created/destroyed dynamically at KORD V2, are the GSX L2 jetways, which of course is required, to be sure jetways for KORD won't be loaded if you are in another nearby airport.

You are supposed to see a single loading pause about 7.0 NM out, which are the jetways loading. Other than that, there shouldn't be anything else loading/unloading, since all the scenery LOD is done by standard LOD in .BGL, which means they can switch with zero stuttering.

OldOrchard512

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:56:24 pm »
hmm.. well im not quite sure then because im getting a lot of jumpiness with ORD.  Its not constant stuttering but enough to be bothersome - especially while trying to land.  It might not be related but I noticed I get the stuttering more when making pitch or roll inputs.  I'll get a few pauses while rotating on takeoff.  Or while starting flare on landing it seems to stutter a few times. Not seeing this with any other scenery. Im sure something in my settings is causing this just not sure what.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:58:52 pm by OldOrchard512 »
Tom Moretti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:01 pm »
Have you changed the sim AffinityMask tweak maybe ? Or the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION tweak ?

OldOrchard512

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 03:11:43 pm »
No I don’t have any tweaks set. Stopped using them after making switch to P3Dv4. Didn’t think they were necessary.
Tom Moretti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
No I don’t have any tweaks set. Stopped using them after making switch to P3Dv4. Didn’t think they were necessary.

No, they are not and, in fact, they might even cause stuttering, that's why I asked. It would be helpful to know the precise position and height of when you have noticeable stuttering, to know if they are in fact coming from the airport or not.

Also, do you use AI ? Do you see any difference with AI turned off ?

OldOrchard512

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 03:29:32 pm »
Not using any AI. It seems the stutters happen somewhat randomly while In the vicinity of the airport (obviously more so when looking directly at it). I’ll have to do some more testing - maybe try to make a video.
Tom Moretti