Author Topic: KORD Night Lighting **SOLVED**  (Read 20261 times)

General Aviation

Re: KORD Night Lighting **SOLVED**
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2019, 01:12:15 am »
So what do I need to do to fix this?

He hasent said hes gonna fix it. The only way you can "Fix it" Is by using the DEFAULT simulator with nothing added into it. Its really disappointing

Hey virtuali - That's OK if you don't want to. Can I go back to an older version that worked then bro?  :) KIAH works fine as the others.

If there is a way to go back in a version LET ME KNOW! As far as i know you cannot and yes i agree KIAH does work along with others just KORD v2 has this issue

General Aviation

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2019, 01:13:18 am »
All the buildings at KORD are dark - can't see them. Only runway and taxi lights work.

Im having the same issue and I know of many others who are also having the issue

jg7xman

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 01:36:01 am »
All the buildings at KORD are dark - can't see them. Only runway and taxi lights work.

Im having the same issue and I know of many others who are also having the issue

I have Chicago X installed too (Just the city). However, KORD is above Chicago City X - but it worked in the over version.

TheBosnianSee-saw

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2019, 07:00:55 am »
Ok so if there are to mamy effects, than why does it work properly if you spawn in at the airport? The other addons are still present.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2019, 10:44:05 pm »
Ok so if there are to mamy effects, than why does it work properly if you spawn in at the airport? The other addons are still present.

As I've said in another post, we don't have any control over the simulator own strategy of which and when remove the extra effects.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2019, 11:18:47 pm »
Do a flight from the Gary/Chicago airport and just fly into KORD at night by the time selection and selecting NIGHT AIN THE DROP DOWN and taxi to a gate and WAIT post the full video because to this day you have not shown us pictures or video saying that YOU don’t see this issue.
Post your simulator settings in the video too

There you have it. Gary to KORD at night. PMDG NGXu + DD Chicago City + Airports ( without KORD, of course ). My settings are attached.

american398

Re: KORD Night Lighting **NOT SOLVED STILL A PROBLEM**
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2019, 12:38:43 am »
yeah im at a loss for words. I don't know what to say anymore. very disappointing.

jg7xman

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2019, 12:58:33 am »
Wait! All is not lost!!! I am not sure which actually fixed the issue but here is what I did:

-deleted the Prepar3D.cfg (C:\Users\<XXX>\AppData\Lockheed Martin
-Restarted P3D to generate a new .cfg file
-tweaked as necessary (Using CptVince's settings because we have similar systems but made my own adjustments to the NON-GRAPHIC sections)

*including adding this to the newly created .cfg: OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096
   *he nor I touched Dynamic Reflections (set to off)

Fired up P3D at KORD active runway at 21:00 and I can see the terminal  ;D

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:06:04 am by jg7xman »

american398

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2019, 01:22:48 am »
Wait! All is not lost!!! I am not sure which actually fixed the issue but here is what I did:

-tweaked as necessary (Using CptVince's settings because we have similar systems but made my own adjustments to the NON-GRAPHIC sections)

*including adding this to the newly created .cfg: OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096

Hope this helps

interesting find. But try flying into the airport. DL has always worked when spawning in at the airport

jg7xman

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2019, 02:24:39 am »

Hope this helps

interesting find. But try flying into the airport. DL has always worked when spawning in at the airport

I was getting dark night time textures both ways. I'll try a KCGX to KORD to validate

General Aviation

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 02:51:37 am »
I used your settings and i had lights! YAY
I put my config back in and it didnt work

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:07:07 am by General Aviation »

jg7xman

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 03:14:01 am »
Umm same here! Grrrr!

Maybe we are using new drivers and V isn't? I do not know - this is where he has to come in. I will give DD's KORD a try.
I hope whatever new textures V used in KORD v2 isn't applied  to all the other FSDT airports until this is sorted out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 04:23:01 am »
I used your settings and i had lights! YAY

That it was a settings problem, and NOT a KORD V2 problem, it was quite clear.

I put my config back in and it didnt work

Any ideas?

Difficult to say, without looking at them. Could be some specific setting, or maybe yours were just too high, so the simulator started to reduce things to keep fps up ?

jg7xman

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2019, 04:45:05 am »
It seems that HDR must be on too. Once you turn it off - it's like a military airbase on night time combat readiness drills  ;D.

I think ENABLING HDR is mandatory requirement for KORD v2 at night.

Which really makes Chicago X pop, so it's a win win. I use to have it off back when Win10 and HDR didn't play well together.

I think we can consider this "SEMI-SOLVED LOL"  :P

That said, I would like KORD a tad more lit up. I have taken some night flights out of there and it's very bright on the tarmac.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:03:06 am by jg7xman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2019, 05:35:18 am »
It seems that HDR must be on too. Once you turn it off - it's like a military airbase on night time combat readiness drills

HDR should always be enabled with PBR.

The main reason for wanting to turn it off, is that at night, some legacy sceneries are too bright, because some night blending mode have changed compared to FSX so, HDR-off is basically there for backward compatibility with older sceneries.