Author Topic: KORD Night Lighting **SOLVED**  (Read 20268 times)

B777ER

KORD Night Lighting **SOLVED**
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:15:39 pm »
Why was the no night lighting topic locked? That's very strange as their was no civil discourse in it? Topics here are rarely locked. Multiple users were reporting the same issue yet it's locked without any resolve. Or is the blame going to be cast on end users using shader programs and refuse to believe it could be an issue with your software? WIn my case I run scenery from FT (KLAS) and LatinVFR (KMIA) which are all PBR without any issues. Your KORD night works just fine if starting out by loading the airport from the scenario screen but doesn't when flying to it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:54:41 pm by virtuali »
Eric

Martyjr

Re: KORD Night Lighting **SOLVED**
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 12:32:10 pm »
I was going to test thisd today.
Does it have to be a full flight or as a test could it be just a nighttime takeoff from KORD and do a 180 and land?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

mobidy

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 02:31:29 pm »
As a matter of fact, I'm sorry that this post has been closed, because I've started it and very kindly I have submitted my problem enclosing some screenshots as well hoping to find a solution to this issue....
I woul like to thank Stiarol to having suggested a smart way to get through.
alberto

Bigteeze

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »
So I just looked at the original thread which got locked. I would just like to chime in and say that I'm having the same issue that the OP is experiencing.

bcard519

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 05:49:39 pm »
I wonder if restarting Couatl on the approach would help?
Problem only seems to occur on incoming flights. Wonder if it could have anything to go with FT Midway? I have pretty much all of the FSDT sceneries  , as well as all the new PBR sceneries and have never had this problem, on ORD v2

jalbino59

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 10:56:33 pm »
As a matter of fact, I'm sorry that this post has been closed, because I've started it and very kindly I have submitted my problem enclosing some screenshots as well hoping to find a solution to this issue....
I woul like to thank Stiarol to having suggested a smart way to get through.
alberto

What did he suggest? what does he mean by "press ok and let it rebuild"? That post made zero sense to me.  Was he talking about deleting the shaders? allowing the scenery cache to rebuild? I tried both and it made no difference.  Were you able to understand his post and fix the problem on your end? Could you elaborate (make clear) on your statement "suggested a smart way to get through"?

I don't understand why or how that topic was closed,  I can only guess that Umberto confirmed the issue and is working on sorting the problem out at least I hope that is the case.  Until then I consider this daytime scenery only.

mobidy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 07:42:48 am »
before landing, as soon as you can see the airport, you can open menu of p3d.. than world..than scenery and than only press ok......
and like a miracle the scenery reloads perfectly and you can do a good night landing in a good airport without issues...

B777ER

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 01:39:12 pm »
before landing, as soon as you can see the airport, you can open menu of p3d.. than world..than scenery and than only press ok......
and like a miracle the scenery reloads perfectly and you can do a good night landing in a good airport without issues...

If one has to do that to get the scenery to work, then "without issues" is not true. I for one will not be doing that. I.see Umberto has been in the forum answering posts but has chosen to ignore this one. If he thinks this problem is going to go away by ignoring us then that's not going to happen.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »
Yesterday I was away the whole afternoon, and since Alessandro ( KORD's author) is on a very short vacation until Friday, he likely locked the thread so people won't assume "I wasn't responding" for the whole day.

Anyway, back on the topic at hand it seems this problem is in fact another simulator bug, and it has been known since 2018, see this post from Aerosoft:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132680-no-dynamic-lighting-at-destination/

We never got to encounter it before, simply because  ( AGAIN ), when objects the DL effect are attached to are created as Simobjects, the problem doesn't happen, and since we USED to make most of our scenery using dynamically created Simobjects, we weren't affected by this in KCLT or KSDF. And, we couldn't noticed during KORD developement, because we started by doing everything as Simobjects, like we usually did, and converted most of it back to .BGL in the last days, because we wanted to be the scenery to load as smooth as possible and not use Simobjects if wasn't really necessary.

So, again, just like the "floating object" bug, which wouldn't have happened if we relied on Simobjects created by Couatl, we were affected by another bug of the simulator because we decided to be as standard as possible with KORD V2.

Fortunately, there IS a workaround for this, without having to be forced to convert even the general DL into Simobjects, which of course is already up on Live Update now, together with the other problem reported of bumps at the end of the the northern runway.

bhorv67

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 02:35:43 pm »
I've run Live Update each day so I should have the changes - I'm still experiencing the DL issue on arrival. Spawning at the airport DL works fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 10:34:36 am »
I've run Live Update each day so I should have the changes - I'm still experiencing the DL issue on arrival. Spawning at the airport DL works fine.

Sorry, but nobody else has ever reported this after the fix. Try to run the current KORD full installer instead of the Live Update.

bhorv67

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 05:21:23 pm »
I will give it a try.

I can report that last night I did a flight into KORD, and all the area DL around the terminal buildings were off. As I pulled up to the gate, the DL lighting at the terminal I parked at suddenly illuminated, yet all the other terminals were still dark.

PC hardware, I'm using an 8700k / Strix GTX 1080ti. I'm monitoring the Vram usage and notice that taxiing around KORD, Vram can go as high as 10g, and in some places drop to 7g. On arrival, vram doesn't go higher than 6g, so it's not a matter of running out of resources.

bhorv67

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 03:49:19 pm »
After uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm having the same issue. The airport is pretty much dark on arrival and after landing. There's only a slight glow from the buildings. It's only after I pull up to a gate, that the DL on that terminal illuminates. The remaining buildings are still dark.

Spawning at the airport at night has no problems. If I clear the scenery cache while in the sim, the DL then works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 08:04:09 pm »
I'm sorry but, I can only repeat and confirm that all DL works even when starting on an airport and landing at KORD and, after we issue the fix, nobody ever reported it again.

Note that, the overall DL, are handled by the simulator ( the ones that "works" for you are handled by the Couatl engine, that's why they always work ) and, they might not appear if the simulator has decided you have too many DL active at any given time, there's an overall limit which I think it's about 200, but I'm not sure so, possibly, if another add-ons in the area have added their own DL and the overall limit has been reached, the extra ones won't appear.

bhorv67

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 08:50:29 pm »
Thanks - that may make sense. There is another add-on that could be utilizing too much DL. I'm going to change some settings and try again.