Author Topic: Error with mirror parking system  (Read 3272 times)

jonathan_f

Error with mirror parking system
« on: August 27, 2019, 02:52:12 am »
Hi Umberto,
Hi Umberto,

GSX seems to be throwing an error when trying to load the mirror parking systems (the last 2 options in the Parking System drop-down in the GSX Editor). If either of these options are selected (either from the drop-down in the editor, or already set up in the airport customisation file), Coutl throws an error about an unrecoverable error. I have attached the log file which says "Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF'".

In the airport customisation file, Gate B65 (for example) is set to parkingsystem = 18 which is the above (a mirror type). Within the Addon Manager/Simobjects/PBR or Legacy I cannot see a folder that looks like FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF which is what I assume is causing the error since it can't find the object.

BTW the airport customisation file is Javier's (cartanya) and I noticed the same thing at EGKK as well as EHAM. At EHAM for example, GSX was constantly crashing with this error as a number of the stands (33) are set up with a mirror parking system. I tracked the problem down to the above and manually edited his file to remove parkingsystem 18 or 19 and the issue went away. But I can recreate at will by selecting either of the options from the editor.

Jonathan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error with mirror parking system
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:50:20 pm »
Within the Addon Manager/Simobjects/PBR or Legacy I cannot see a folder that looks like FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF which is what I assume is causing the error since it can't find the object.

This is supposed to be in the Simobject\Misc folder, which is the one shared by all simulators.

jonathan_f

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 09:57:43 am »
Within the Addon Manager/Simobjects/PBR or Legacy I cannot see a folder that looks like FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF which is what I assume is causing the error since it can't find the object.

This is supposed to be in the Simobject\Misc folder, which is the one shared by all simulators.

I just reinstalled GSX using the P3D v4.4+ installer and there is no FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF folder in Simobject\Misc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 10:22:35 am »
It's under the FSDT_Safegate sub-folder, which you have.

jonathan_f

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 11:41:18 am »
OK fine but why is GSX still generating the error when I select a mirror parking system?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 12:36:35 pm »
OK fine but why is GSX still generating the error when I select a mirror parking system?

But it doesn't. I just made a test now, went to a default airport, selected both Mirror parking systems, and they come up just fine, with no errors.

Try to uninstall/reinstall GSX using the latest full installer.

jonathan_f

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 09:06:08 am »
But it is generating an error, for me.

As I already stated above, I already did a full uninstall and reinstall with the new installer, and tested it again. Even at a default airport with no extra airport customisation files I can generate the issue at will simply by going to an airport and selecting mirror (wall mounted or ground). This causes COUTL to crash when clicking apply. See attached error log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 01:26:08 pm »
But it is generating an error, for me.

Of course, and that alone, added to the fact that nobody else reported it, should tell you something wrong is in your installation but, of course, installing the full GSX installer should have fixed every problem.

As I already stated above, I already did a full uninstall and reinstall with the new installer, and tested it again. Even at a default airport with no extra airport customisation files I can generate the issue at will simply by going to an airport and selecting mirror (wall mounted or ground). This causes COUTL to crash when clicking apply. See attached error log.

There's no need to post a log again, I believe YOU have this error, that doesn't mean it's a GSX error, but it's a problem of your install. Let's try again:

- Check this file:

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager\add-on.xml

ZIP it and Attach it to a post, so I could look at it

- Check this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\SIM.CFG

and see if you have this section, starting at line 176

[fltsim.35]
title=FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF
model=FSDT_SafeDock_MIRROR_WALL_OFF
texture=FSDT_Safedock_MIRROR

jonathan_f

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 07:14:55 am »
I can confirm I do not have that section in the sim.cfg - in fact it ends at fltsim.33 but I can also confirm I have not amended that file.

sim.cfg and add.xml attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 01:39:17 pm »
Your error simply cannot happen: you saw the files yourself, you do have the object, you do have the correct sim.cfg, so there's no reason why the simulator couldn't find it.

It's in the Simobjects\Misc folder, and that one is always active, regardless if using FSX, P3D1/2/3 or 4 and with PBR and without PBR. And, if you didn't had access to the Simobjects\Misc folder in the Addon Manager, a LOT of other objects from GSX wouldn't work, not just the Mirror Safegate.

I'm sorry, but I cannot explain it, and you are still the one and only user reporting this.

jonathan_f

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 10:56:54 am »
I think you didn’t read my previous response correctly. I don’t have have a flightsim.35 section in my cfg. It stops at 33.

Please tell me what sections are missing from the cfg file and I will add them myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 02:27:30 am »
I think you didn’t read my previous response correctly. I don’t have have a flightsim.35 section in my cfg. It stops at 33. Please tell me what sections are missing from the cfg file and I will add them myself.

Yes, sorry, I misread you. Could you please try running the Live Update now, to see if you get the correct file ?