Author Topic: Something bad with Addon Manager after deinstalling KORD 2011  (Read 4640 times)

cirurgiao

Something bad with Addon Manager after deinstalling KORD 2011
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:26:22 pm »
I have KORD 2011 and tried to buy O'Hare V2 via Addon Manager but it didn't open "buy via web" option. So I tried first deactivate it but as I registered serial number it brought back the same KORD 2011 scenery. I then unistalled KORD 2011 and with it my Addon Manager folder just went away and nothing seems to work anymore.
1) How can I get my Addon Manager back?
2) How to buy O'Hare v2 from web through Addon Manager?
Tks
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something bad with Addon Manager after deinstalling KORD 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 03:34:02 pm »
Having the old KORD installed is not required to get the discount. In fact, you MUST uninstall the old KORD because you can install the new one. As explained so many times, installation and activation are two entirely separate things.

If you uninstalled everything, including the Addon Manager, which is what you seem to have done, you must reinstall at least:

- GSX with the latest full installer

- KORD V2

Then, you can activate the old KORD if it's not already active, and then you'll be able to get a discount, if you press the "Buy on Web" button of the NEW KORD V2, after you are sure the OLD KORD is Active.

cirurgiao

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 04:23:16 pm »
Tks for answering so soon, Umberto. Addon Manager (like FSDT LiveUpdate) shall appear in desktop after that or I need to look for it
Btw uninstalled KORD 2011, installed GSX Level 2 & O`Hare v2
My KORD 2011 license isn`t a valid one when trying to register and window that shows buy option a SORACO
Eduardo Passos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 04:43:07 pm »
Tks for answering so soon, Umberto. Addon Manager (like FSDT LiveUpdate) shall appear in desktop after that or I need to look for it

Of course not, the Addon Manager is not something you are supposed to start yourself. It's a simulator add-on that will appear under the "Addons" menu in the sim.

My KORD 2011 license isn`t a valid one when trying to register and window that shows buy option a SORACO

Please clarify this sentence.

cirurgiao

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:10:23 pm »
There was a shortcut of Addon Manager in my desktop, along with Coatl Updater, FSDT LiveUpdate and GSX Control Panel
Eduardo Passos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 10:44:51 pm »
There was a shortcut of Addon Manager in my desktop, along with Coatl Updater, FSDT LiveUpdate and GSX Control Panel

We surely haven't made or installed that. The only shortcuts to executable you are supposedly to start yourself are the FSDT Live Update and the GSX Control Panel.

cirurgiao

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 12:13:16 am »
I have these 2 so I'm glad.
Tks
Eduardo Passos

seric76

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 01:20:55 am »
Hello Umberto, I've the issue too after KORD v.2 installed, the couatl doesn't start with folowin error:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:28:58 am by seric76 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 01:38:06 am »
Hello Umberto, I've the issue too after KORD v.2 installed, the couatl doesn't start with folowin error:

That error can only come for one reason: your antivirus/firewall is blocking the installation of some files, letting pass others, so you ended up in a mixup between old and new files.

- Disable the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

To be sure everything is updated, run it another time.

Under normal conditions, the 2nd time it runs, it shouldn't download anything. If it does, then you can be sure the reason is something still blocking the connection, because the updater knows some files are still outdated, so it tries to download them again on the 2nd run.

seric76

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 02:24:21 pm »
Two days reinstalling got success, but KORD v.2 registration has dropped, when I try to reactivate it again I cougth error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 02:35:09 pm »
Two days reinstalling got success, but KORD v.2 registration has dropped, when I try to reactivate it again I cougth error

As clearly explained on the manual, and as already discussed so many times on the forum, you shouldn't make questions about orders and activation on the forum, because we would have to exchange some data about your orders and/or your personal details. I cannot obviously help you with a screenshot with concealed serial numbers, THAT'S why you must use the support email for all this kind of questions.

seric76

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 02:58:45 pm »
Ok, thanks.

rjlfry

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »
When ever buy a product with an activation code I copy and past it into notepad then save it as example title FSDT KORD, this I then place in a folder with all activation codes on my backup drive this way if the worse happens you can recover. Just copy and past and your back up and running. you can put them on a stick if a full reinstall should ever happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 02:09:19 pm »
When ever buy a product with an activation code I copy and past it into notepad then save it as example title FSDT KORD, this I then place in a folder with all activation codes on my backup drive this way if the worse happens you can recover. Just copy and past and your back up and running. you can put them on a stick if a full reinstall should ever happen.

The Addon Manager does that for you, by creating a .REG file each time an activation is successful.

The file is stored in your C:\Users\YOURNAME folder, assuming a proper backup strategy would include your own user folder, and if it doesn't, you'll have way bigger problems that just FSDT serial numbers not found...