Author Topic: kord v2 night lighting arriving after a flight **SOLVED**  (Read 5292 times)

mobidy

kord v2 night lighting arriving after a flight **SOLVED**
« on: August 25, 2019, 09:05:58 am »
hello,
when I load my sim at kord v2 during night time it's all right with airport lights, dynamic lights etc.
But when I arrive at kord after a flight (medium range) it seems that ground illumination and other lights too
does'nt load correctly and at that point it's impossible to solve the problem. Only changing airport and than
returning at kord can solve the problem. I've tried in many ways (changing the sim settings) without success.
What can I do?
Excuse me for the bad english and thank you for the help.
alberto varano

P.S. the airport is simply wonderful and for this reason I'd like that all was perfect!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:05:17 pm by virtuali »

B777ER

Re: kord v2 night lighting arriving after a flight
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 02:29:30 pm »
Umberto, this is the problem I was alluding to in my post on Avsim about it being very dark with no DL or terminal lighting showing. As I got up to the gates some of the terminal night textures loaded but not all and the DL never came on. This was a long flight from EDDF.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558555-fsdt-chicago-ohare-v2-released/?do=findComment&comment=4048286
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:42:04 pm by B777ER »
Eric

jalbino59

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:55:56 am »
Tossing my name in the hat.  I'm experiencing the same.  I just completed a night flight and the scenery is very dark.

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:09:53 am »
I just did a complete reinstall of this scenery today and did a 3.25hr flight from KSFO in the PMDG 747. No change, the terminal night textures are not coming on and the DL is not coming on either. The only things lit up around the terminal are the gate numbers on top of the jetways. This scenery is broken but I bet Umberto will say it's our fault.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 01:21:05 pm »
This scenery is broken but I bet Umberto will say it's our fault.

The scenery is not obviously "broken", and I think I already proven it to you on Avsim. This is how the scenery normally looks like, the same screenshot YOU said it was "perfect":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_11-25-50-210.jpg

So no, it's not "your fault" ( why this meme about me saying "it's your fault" ? I NEVER said that, I clearly explain how things works, and you understand "it's your fault"...), but I think I already explained that:

- If you change the default HDR settings, and you said you have

AND

- If you use a Shader tweaker, and you said you do.

The scenery will obviously look different than it was supposed to look. And, I already explained on Avsim, that on PBR, even a tiny tweak can make a big difference, that's why several developers are taking a stance against shader mods:

PMDG

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/5957-11mar19-shader-mods-if-you-are-having-trouble-with-artifacts-after-our-747-pbr-update-you-need-to-read-this

AEROSOFT

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127957-as-professional-airports-crazy-night-textures/&do=findComment&comment=847713

Also let us know if you use any shader tweak. Many PTA profiles for example screw up the night lighting totally, like those blue skies you have in your second picture.

mobidy

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 02:19:47 pm »
hello Umberto,
you have mostly answered B777ER, but I opened this post; my problem is that in night time it's all right when I load the sim at Kord...All the lights, DL etc are ok.
when I land at kord (night time) after a flight ( I tried very medium range flights) I have the problem: ground lights, DL and ather lights don't load correctly. The airport doen't appear the same that I see when I load the sim at kord in the night....it's not easy for me to explain better.
I hope you can help me!
Thank you very much
alberto varano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 02:57:42 pm »
when I land at kord (night time) after a flight ( I tried very medium range flights) I have the problem: ground lights, DL and ather lights don't load correctly. The airport doen't appear the same that I see when I load the sim at kord in the night....it's not easy for me to explain better.

A screenshot would be really useful, because it's not clear if you are missing ALL Dynamic Lights, or just the ones close to the terminals.

As explained on the manual, DL is made using two separate set of lights:

1) A Global ambience to prevent the airport to be too dark when approaching

2) Several local "zones", close to each terminal, that will selectively tun on additional lights only if you are close to that terminal

DL of the #1 kind, are made using a plain standard BGL, so they are supposed to be always visible, no matter what. The handling of them, of course, is done entirely by the simulator and we don't play any part of it

DL of the #2 kind, are instead handled by our software, which needs to check if you are in the correct zone.

I would require to know if you are missing only one type, or both, when arriving.

B777ER

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 04:31:05 pm »

A screenshot would be really useful, because it's not clear if you are missing ALL Dynamic Lights, or just the ones close to the terminals.

As explained on the manual, DL is made using two separate set of lights:

1) A Global ambience to prevent the airport to be too dark when approaching

2) Several local "zones", close to each terminal, that will selectively tun on additional lights only if you are close to that terminal

DL of the #1 kind, are made using a plain standard BGL, so they are supposed to be always visible, no matter what. The handling of them, of course, is done entirely by the simulator and we don't play any part of it

DL of the #2 kind, are instead handled by our software, which needs to check if you are in the correct zone.

I would require to know if you are missing only one type, or both, when arriving.

When approaching the runway, only the runway lights are visible. No building lights or DL are on. Save for the runway lights, it's a black void. After landing, I see the taxiway lighting but still no building night textures or DL. Upon taxing to the gate, still no building or DL lighting. It's pitch black save for the following: The gate numbers on top of the jetways and I can see a white square texture on the light poles but there is no DL effect coming from them. After about 45 to 60 seconds, the terminal building texture closest to the plane comes on (but not the whole terminal) while the rest of the terminals and buildings remain dark. The white square texture on the light poles remain but the DL effect never comes on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:33:07 pm by B777ER »
Eric

mobidy

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 06:28:58 pm »
I made some screenshot:
1) when I load the sim: as I said it's all ok
2) perfect after a 20 minutes flight: still ok

in the next post the other screenshots

mobidy

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 06:36:03 pm »
the other screenshots:
1) arriving after a medium range flight: here there is the problem
2) approaching the gate after the same medium range flight: something changes but there is not ground illumination...only little squares of lights near the jetways

So it seems the problem is the duration of the flight
I hope the screenshots can explain better
thank you for the support
alberto varano

bcard519

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 06:47:58 pm »
I am having the exact same problem as Mobidy is having. When approaching the airport all I have is runway lights, everything else is very dim. I have lots of addon scenery, have never experienced this before. I had to actually use the follow me truck for the first time ever.

jalbino59

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 07:50:12 pm »
I've already stated above, but to further confirm the screenshots posted by mobidy is exactly the same as I experienced. 

B777ER

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 08:37:19 pm »
the other screenshots:
1) arriving after a medium range flight: here there is the problem
2) approaching the gate after the same medium range flight: something changes but there is not ground illumination...only little squares of lights near the jetways

So it seems the problem is the duration of the flight
I hope the screenshots can explain better
thank you for the support
alberto varano

First pic in this post is exactly what I'm seeing. Pitch black.
Eric

stiarol

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 10:24:03 pm »
I have this too, but it's not isolated to KORD only for me(LTAI by Justsim is another at the top of my head). It's annoying, but the only way I have found out to fix it is by reloading the scenery library by going into scenery library and press ok to let it rebuild.