Author Topic: scripting engine hasn't started  (Read 8923 times)

wwa1750

scripting engine hasn't started
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:48:33 pm »
I am trying to activate my DFW scenery but I get a message that the scripting engine has not started. I open task manager and indeed it has not started. I shut down FSX, start the engine manually, restart FSX and get the same error. I'm running on a fresh install, no firewall, no antivirus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scripting engine hasn't started
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:51:37 pm »
The problem is likely your antivirus, which might mistakenly blocking the program *BECAUSE* it has been updated.

If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

And no, you shouldn't "just" deactivate the antivirus. You MUST configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning too.

If that doesn't work, you should do the following to enable Logging:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

wwa1750

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 06:53:28 pm »
like I stated, I have NO ANTI VIRUS program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 06:56:19 pm »
Have you read my complete post ?

wwa1750

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 07:05:19 pm »
I have already deleted and added the new c++nfiles from the other post. I created the .ini file, deleted said folder, restarted FSX,, there was no cache regeneration, closed FSX and nothing was wrote to the .ini file.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:15:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 08:15:47 pm »
Regardless if it could complete the cache regeneration or not, do you have a log file at least ?

Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

wwa1750

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:03:47 pm »
"I created the .ini file, deleted said folder, restarted FSX,, there was no cache regeneration, closed FSX and nothing was wrote to the .ini file."

wwa1750

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 07:17:08 pm »
what do we do now? I have 6 products I would like to get activated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 02:58:49 pm »
"I created the .ini file, deleted said folder, restarted FSX,, there was no cache regeneration, closed FSX and nothing was wrote to the .ini file."

That means the software haven't even tried to start, which goes back to my previous linked post, which means either antivirus, or missing system libraries.

wwa1750

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:44:41 pm »
As I have stated previously numerous time, I HAVE NO ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE.  have ran the updater.

wwa1750

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 11:46:05 pm »
I uninstalled all FSDREAMTEAM files and folders. Started the reinstall process and everything worked fine until the updater installed all of the GSX crap I did not have a choice in downloading or not. Now I get the original error I started with. NO FIREWALL NO ANTIVIRUS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 11:25:28 am »
I uninstalled all FSDREAMTEAM files and folders. Started the reinstall process and everything worked fine until the updater installed all of the GSX crap I did not have a choice in downloading or not. Now I get the original error I started with. NO FIREWALL NO ANTIVIRUS

Please stop saying you don't have an antivirus,  we get it but, if you keep saying this, it means you haven't read or followed ALL different solutions posted in that linked thread, since only one of them is related to antivirus, there all the part related to missing/corrupted system libraries that can also result in the software not even starting.

wwa1750

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 07:33:01 pm »
I keep saying it because your replies keep bringing it  up. Just look from the beginning of the post I stated I had none but you kept Brooke up. I am here for a solution. Do you have one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 07:47:01 pm »
Again, you don't seem to have read the linked thread in its entirety, since there are several solution that are suggested there, that don't have anything to do with the antivirus.  I'm not sure what would be the point of repeating them here, when they are all there, in the linked thread.

Also, you keep saying you don't have "any" antivirus. Not even the default Windows Defender ? So you managed to uninstall Windows Defender ? I'm not even sure it's possible.

wwa1750

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
I have already deleted and added the new c++nfiles from the other post. I created the .ini file, deleted said folder, restarted FSX,, there was no cache regeneration, closed FSX and nothing was wrote to the .ini file.
Once again, I have already tried the suggestions on your linked post.