Author Topic: big disappointment KORD V2  (Read 4594 times)

reuvenesp

big disappointment KORD V2
« on: August 24, 2019, 01:34:55 pm »
hi ,
1. First, there are buildings in the air! (Several people have already complained about the matter)
If you knew it was a known "LM" bug  why didn't you update The people before purchasing ?!!!!

2.There is a Very serious problem AA (Anti-aliasing)probably because of PBR !!
All the terminals Shaking and that is unbearable
Especially at sunset !!
I work with nvidiaInspector and it helped me with PMDG and QW planes that were also affected by the PBR bug , But at this airport it just doesn't work.
Plus there are other wrong textures.
In conclusion very disappointed !!
I deleted the airport and installed the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN KORD version instead.
I think you should give me the money back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: big disappointment KORD V2
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 01:52:21 pm »
1. First, there are buildings in the air! (Several people have already complained about the matter)
If you knew it was a known "LM" bug  why didn't you update The people before purchasing ?!!!!

We posted a fix for this this morning. Have you tried that ?

2.There is a Very serious problem AA (Anti-aliasing)probably because of PBR !! I work with nvidiaInspector and it helped me with PMDG and QW planes that were also affected by the PBR bug , But at this airport it just doesn't work

That this doesn't affect this airport only, was a given. Please make an example exactly where you see this happening, and we'll look at it.

The fix we posted today already have an improved texture for the metal garage door because, another user, instead of just posting a blanket statement, indicated the precise place were the effect was worse for him, so we could fix it. It's usually just a matter of toning down normal maps. Not every user is equally affected the same way, because it depends a lot by the settings and the screen resolution, but we must know what you think are the most problematic areas.

Note that, you must understand moire effects in PBR cannot removed ENTIRELY, this is not even possible with the most modern graphic engines, like Unreal 4, see this explanation here

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/121845/moire-problems.html

And UE4 have far more advanced settings that might help reducing this, like Temporal Antialiasing, yet it cannot be solved entirely, if you want PBR ( which simply doesn't work without normal maps at all), it's just that you have been so accustomed to old style flat sceneries, that you are starting to see this only with the more recent PBR releases.

So yes, we can improve it a bit, but you cannot expect it will go away entirely, especially not under the most extreme lighting situations, like sunset, were the light hits the objects at a very low angle.

Plus there are other wrong textures.

There aren't any "wrong" textures as far as we know. If you think there are, please make a proper report, and we'll check them.

In conclusion very disappointed !! I deleted the airport and installed the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN KORD version instead. I think you should give me the money back.

The scenery is sold as a Trial version, so everybody can see for himself how much better it looks compared to anything else out there, especially of the same airport. If you don't see that, it's very easy: don't buy it. Nobody have the same tastes, we surely cannot pretend to drive yours. That's why there is a Trial.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:58:12 pm by virtuali »

reuvenesp

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
hi ,
It's true that there is a trial version and you're right.
But I'm a good customer of yours and I trust that the product will be as good as the rest.
I purchased PHNL, KLAX, CYVR, KDFW & GSX2 from you
And they are all excellent.
I have no problem converting your KORDV2 license to another one
Example
Memphis OR Louisville
Please let me know if you can.
It's a shame to lose a customer like me because of this purchase.
Thanks in advance.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 09:20:28 am »
How hurtful. :(
FSDT have put in a great amount of effort to give us the new scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:20 pm »
It's a shame to lose a customer like me because of this purchase.

It would be more wrong for you to lose what is clearly our best scenery ever instead, far better than the ones you said are "excellent". I really wanted to understand how something that is so clearly better, could be labeled as a "disappointment".

Again, please make a proper report of all the textures you think are "wrong".

And, if the moire effects is really that bad for you, please make an example where you see it particularly bad, and we'll see if it can possibly be toned down, although as I already explained, it's not possible to remove it entirely, that's the nature of PBR.

reuvenesp

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 01:38:32 pm »
I wrote and recorded again: Terminal buildings without anti analyzing !!!!!!
Which is super bad at sunset!
And I work with nvidia inspector + high settings in P3D
texture filteringX16 + X8SAAA and my screen 4K.
CPU-I7-7700K // 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ // 1080TI // 960PRO MZ NVME SSD.
The PBR bug is known but in the case of PMDG and QW the nvidia inspector
Solved the problem, I also have Imaginesim WSSS Airport
And they also have a PBR version and it doesn't look as bad as you do.
I am not satisfied with the product and here I am interested
You will act as a good customer service, I will contact you for less than 24 hours
From the purchase, I do not like the product, so you want to convince me?
I spend a lot of time in the field of environmentalism 2002 and I know what I'm talking about
I'm even ready to give up on the money !!!
Just exchange my license for another airport !!
Please update the islands possible

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 01:43:40 pm »
You are keep confusing moire effect caused by normal maps, with a supposed "lack of antialiasing". That's not what it is.

As I've said, please make an example where this problem is particularly bad for you, possibly with a screenshot and we'll do as follows:

- comparing your screenshot to how the scenery should look like, to understand if your problem are tweaks or settings.

AND/OR

- try to see if we can improve that area. We already did that for other places, like the metal hangar door, because the user clearly indicated *that* as a problematic area, and was easily fixed by tweaking the textures.