Author Topic: Follow-me car  (Read 2219 times)

KimK

Follow-me car
« on: August 24, 2019, 12:05:16 pm »
Hello,

I'm only flying the FSLabs.

I've been experiencing strange issues since a long time with the follow-me car. Everytime I call a follow-me car, no matter what is my speed (I tried 20kts, I tried 5kts, I even tried to fully stop before it arrives), the follow-me car comes to my aircraft, dodges it by a side and goes behind it.

It's almost like it's about to make the 180 for me to follow it, but it goes past my aircraft. Each time, I have to revoke the service and call it again. On the second try, it works as normal (almost everytime).

Maybe something to fix for the next versions ?

Thanks !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow-me car
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 12:16:03 pm »
There's not really a bug that should be fixed. The Follow me has two cases in which it might do a turnaround:

- It tries to anticipate, based on your current speed and distance, if you might eventually crash with it, and it will escape if it has determined you might collapse with it in the next seconds. In this case, a message will say the service has been aborted for safety reasons.

- It checks if you are eventually moving towards it from your current position after you called it, so you are not forced to wait for it still, since your position is constantly evaluated. Depending on your position and the airport layout, it might require to turn around you.

In both case, the solution is very simple: try to follow the car from further away and don't get too close to it, and you'll see it will always work.

KimK

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »
I understand these two points, but each and every time I call for it it goes past my aircraft. The follow-me car is then behind me and wants ME to do a 180°.

It is surely a bug because it does it even when I'm standing still... I know I don't have to but it was just to prove my point.
When I revoke the services and then call them again, it then works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 02:23:45 pm »
I understand these two points, but each and every time I call for it it goes past my aircraft. The follow-me car is then behind me and wants ME to do a 180°.

That's another thing entirely, and it really depends on the airport, and your location were you called it. In some cases, it might not be possible to create a return path without requiring you to do a turnaround.

Could you please make a specific example, possibly using a default or an FSDT scenery (so we can reproduce it more easily), indicating the precise, exact position of your airplane when you called the Follow Me, and which gate you asked for ?

KimK

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 12:49:31 pm »
OK, I will do so next time I fly :)