Author Topic: Purchase from the addon manager?  (Read 4672 times)

RobC

Purchase from the addon manager?
« on: August 23, 2019, 02:03:09 am »
 I have activated my old license, but I don't see ANY WAY to buy the new version from the addon manager? am I missing something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Purchase from the addon manager?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 02:13:28 am »
You doesn't seem to have installed KORD V2, that's why you are missing it from the Addon Manager

RobC

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:27:44 am »
Oh ok, so download it, install it and THEN buy it from the web?

I'll try that now!!

thanks man

(doing a fresh install of everything, perfect timing)

RobertO1035

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 04:28:51 am »
Ok, I installed V2 and inserted my old serial number. It didn't seem to register, as the serial number box did not gray out. So, I clicked on the buy button and when the website loaded, there wasn't a discount applied.

RobC

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 04:49:44 am »
 It worked for me, applied a discount, and I got my new code.

You must be missing a step?

RobertO1035

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 03:13:03 pm »
Can you tell me what you did, step by step?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 03:37:08 pm »
It can't be any easier:

- Select the old KORD ( which is named "Chicago O'Hare" in the Addon Manager)

- If it's not active, click "Register Serial", type your Serial Number, and wait for a message that will say it has been activated successfully, and a .REG file has been saved.

- Now select the new KORD ( which is named "Chicago O'Hare V2" in the Addon Manager)

- Click "Buy on the Web" button. A message will appear, saying a discount coupon will be applied as owner of the previous version.

- Continue, and a web page will appear, with the Discount applied to the final price.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 03:58:48 pm »
You didn't mention that you had to install v2 first for the discount to apply.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 04:55:02 pm by virtuali »
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 04:55:07 pm »
You didn't mention that you had to install v2 first for the discount to apply.

That's not strictly true, it's just the easiest reply, since we might assume somebody wanting to buy KORD V2, would like want to try it first, considering it comes with a Trial.

The more accurate answer, is you must have the latest updates installed, meaning you must have ran ANY FSDT installer or just ran the FSDT Live Update. This would get you the latest version of the Addon Manager, which "knows" about O'Hare V2 ( if it's missing from the products list, it means the Addon Manager is outdated ) and, as long the new O'Hare is there, it CAN be purchased with a Discount, provided the original O'Hare is listed as "Active".

Installation and activation are always entirely separate things. The "installing KORD V2" step really means "be sure you have the latest updates", but KORD V2 can be installed before or after purchasing it, it won't make any difference to the availability of the Discount coupon.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 08:05:57 pm »
I tried buying it before actually installing v2 and it didn't work. I ran the FSDT Live Update and I had v1 activated on my computer. The discount was never applied. Once I installed v2 the discount would apply.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 10:45:10 pm by virtuali »
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 10:46:28 pm »
I tried buying it before actually installing v2 and it didn't work. I ran the FSDT Live Update and I had v1 activated on my computer. The discount was never applied. Once I installed v2 the discount would apply.

Assuming you ran the Live Update *after* KORD V2 was released, if that happened to you, it simply meant something (firewall or antivirus) blocked the updater from downloading the latest files. Of course, since the KORD V2 installer comes with the latest file, it won't be affected by something blocking the updater.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 03:54:52 am »

Assuming you ran the Live Update *after* KORD V2 was released, if that happened to you, it simply meant something (firewall or antivirus) blocked the updater from downloading the latest files. Of course, since the KORD V2 installer comes with the latest file, it won't be affected by something blocking the updater.

Yes, I did run it earlier today after ORD v2 was released. It must've updated correctly because v2 was showing in the addon manager after I ran the updater. I don't have any third party firewall/antivirus installed and all of my sim files and folders are excluded from Windows Defender. 
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti