Author Topic: KORD v2 installing issue  (Read 3853 times)

lucagigli

KORD v2 installing issue
« on: August 24, 2019, 10:29:02 am »
I've uninstalled (via Windows control panel) and de-activate old KORD via Addon Manager (just for re-activate it at the moment to buy v2 via Addon Manager). I've checked it is uninstalled again in Windows Control panel and there isn't. When I run KORD v2 installation, the installer says I've to uninstall o'Hare v1. I have checked if there's some folder or file somewhere and I've found a subfolder OHareX in Addon Manager/Fsdreamteam even after the uninstallation: I've deleted it, but the issue still remain. There are no entries of OHare in scenery.cfg. I've also delete in Documents/P3d$ Addons the subfolder OHare with addon.xml file. I've tried to restart my pc, download installer again, bt the I obtain always this error. Help please.

Luca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD v2 installing issue
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 11:04:11 am »
Remove also these folders, if you still have them:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_OHareX
Addon Manager\Couatl\OhareX

lucagigli

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 11:56:14 am »
Thank you, now it works, I've installed it

Luca

dmatthieu2

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 12:29:28 am »
Well that's interesting. Want to hear something more interesting? I'm running Windows 10, and my Control Panel/Uninstall Programs can only see FSDreamteam GSX and nothing else associated with FSDT.

However, Windows 10 Add/Remove Programs sees them all. Yet, it isn't giving me permission to uninstall or modify any of them.

Since there is no more stand alone Addon Manager, it looks like I don't have control of uninstalling any of my FSDT installations. Weirdest thing ever. Any advice before I go wrecking my registry?

Also (attached screenshot) is there a way to tell which "unins00X" is assigned to which scenery?

mikestout

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 12:57:52 am »
Looks like I might have purchased to soon. I never want to wait till the bugs get worked out and I am sure they will.

I had old version and downloaded V2 over it as told. It did not work so I uninstalled it via control manager. Still no
good. Found the files you mentioned and deleted them. Still no working V2 and now I have no O'Hare at all.

Addon manager says "Active but not installed in scenery library." I go to scenery library but no O'Hare v2 can
be found.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks    Mike Stout (owner of almost every thing you have)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 01:51:02 pm »
Looks like I might have purchased to soon. I never want to wait till the bugs get worked out and I am sure they will.

What bugs ? Please make a list of the bugs you think are still there, after the current Live Update. It's not possible for us to do anything, if users don't report specific problems. All the latest updates (see the Live Update release notes), are all a result of proper and precise reports from users.

I had old version and downloaded V2 over it as told. It did not work so I uninstalled it via control manager.

Please clarify what do you mean with "it did not work"

Still no working V2 and now I have no O'Hare at all.

You said you uninstalled it so, of course, you must reinstall it.

Addon manager says "Active but not installed in scenery library." I go to scenery library but no O'Hare v2 can be found.

Of course, the Addon Manager says what the Scenery Library says.

Where do I go from here?

Installing KORD. Last think you said you did, was to uninstall KORD V2. If this is what you did, it's normal you wouldn't see it now.

I'll try to clarify, again:

- The OLD KORD should NOT be installed. It must be *activated* to get a discount, but must not be installed, to install KORD V2

- KORD V2 must be installed, in order to see it and, of course, to purchase it from the Addon Manager, to get the discount.

mikestout

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 11:58:41 pm »
Thanks for the scolding. (kidding)

Got it and it works great.. Good job.

Mike Stout