Author Topic: Gates Information Panels  (Read 6658 times)

iCatchMyOwnSquid

Gates Information Panels
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:26 pm »
Hello. Really enjoying KORD , great job! I have a couple issues right now with the "Gates Information Panels" though. My experience has been that the pressure shown is not the actual pressure set in the sim. I am using live weather mode from Active Sky. Are the two compatible? Also, I never see any relevant flight information from AI Traffic, which is being generated via UTLive. It says "Sleep ETD in 0.0 min.". I waited until the traffic was actually pushed back to see if it went from "sleep" to "active" but it did not update. I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that it would work with UTLive but the times might be a bit off due to the nature of how UTLive works. Attached are a couple of pictures in various states in case it helps.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gates Information Panels
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 10:54:20 pm »
My experience has been that the pressure shown is not the actual pressure set in the sim. I am using live weather mode from Active Sky. Are the two compatible?

The panels don't do anything out of ordinary. They use a standard Simconnect call to read the standard "AMBIENT TEMPERATURE" and "AMBIENT PRESSURE" variables from the sim, so they should work in every case, provided the weather engine is set them correctly ( and I have no idea how it couldn't )

Also, I never see any relevant flight information from AI Traffic, which is being generated via UTLive. It says "Sleep ETD in 0.0 min.". I waited until the traffic was actually pushed back to see if it went from "sleep" to "active" but it did not update. I thought I recalled seeing somewhere that it would work with UTLive but the times might be a bit off due to the nature of how UTLive works

This is to be expected. UT Live AI don't work like standard AI. Standard AI have a pre-made schedule in the Traffic.BGL file, so that is always known to the sim well in advance, even when the AI is not supposed to depart shortly, the flight Destination and ETD will always be show correctly.

UT Live, instead, creates AI planes as "sleeping" objects, that have no idea where and when they should go, so neither the sim has any, which of course affect the standard variables we read to know the AI Destination and ETD/ETA. It's only when the AI is going to depart shortly, that UT Live will send a Flight plan to it. At that time, the sim will know too, as so the KORD panels.

Unfortunately. UT Live schedules are in an encrypted database, with no way for 3rd party developers to read them. I asked about this to Flight1 a long time ago, if they considered adding some kind of API to read their data, but nobody ever replied to it.

iCatchMyOwnSquid

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:52:23 am »
Okay thanks. My path to v4.5 was an upgrade, not an entirely fresh install - maybe there is an issue with that. As far as UTL is concerned it's a damn shame the won't expose an API. bgl based traffic is inferior in almost every aspect. Fingers crossed they can provide an API at some point but I won't hold my breath.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 03:05:34 am »
Altimeter is showing abnormally low for me too.  29.50" and ActiveSky P3Dv4 shows 30.20" (cross checked 30.20" with real METAR).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 03:46:27 am »
Altimeter is showing abnormally low for me too.  29.50" and ActiveSky P3Dv4 shows 30.20" (cross checked 30.20" with real METAR).

As I've said, the panels just read the standard "AMBIENT TEMPERATURE" and "AMBIENT PRESSURE" variables from the sim. An easy check would be: do the panels show the correct data, if you don't start Active Sky and set the weather using the default simulator interface ?

CaptKornDog

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 06:54:30 am »

As I've said, the panels just read the standard "AMBIENT TEMPERATURE" and "AMBIENT PRESSURE" variables from the sim. An easy check would be: do the panels show the correct data, if you don't start Active Sky and set the weather using the default simulator interface ?

With no weather at all, clear skies set.  Altimeter is 29.92" in the aircraft and sim, information board displays 29.19".

randomravings

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:07 am »

Hello. I have this same issue - the panels are showing a much lower pressure than the current ambient pressure (the aircraft shows the correct pressure when using the B shortcut key). Also using networked Active Sky for P3Dv4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 10:00:59 am »
Alright, found the issue. As I've said, the panel shows the AMBIENT pressure, which is the actual pressure outside, at the airport. Since KORD is not at sea level, the ambient pressure is lower than the sea level one.

Of course, since the utility of the panel is to let you know how to set your altimeter, and that one is based on sea level, it's not very useful showing the ambient pressure on the field, so if you run the Live Update now, you'll find a changed file which displays the sea level pressure on panels now.

skypilot65

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 06:08:10 pm »
Seems that the gate panels are working but the information is displayed so rapidly that you can't read it, they are a blur. Any help would be appreciated.  Same for the actual jetway gate signs???

rjlfry

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:29:08 pm »
This is what I see the closer you get the better but I can see from here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/48625204363/in/dateposted-public/

Flight info also displayed.

skypilot65

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 10:36:01 pm »

The gate panel once in a while "pauses" temporarily on the Lat & Long coordinates like it should, but the rest of the time its switching between temp & pressure and the lat/long. Maybe the latest update I'm downloading now will fix it.

skypilot65

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 10:42:12 pm »

The gate panel once in a while "pauses" temporarily on the Lat & Long coordinates like it should, but the rest of the time its switching between temp & pressure and the lat/long. Maybe the latest update I'm downloading now will fix it.

No Change. Oh well...Guess its just a feature I will live with.

rjlfry

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 11:48:45 pm »
The aircaft parked at the gate is AI with a flight plan which you see on the panel. Destination KSFO.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:51:02 pm by rjlfry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 02:04:32 pm »

The panel doesn't do any pause. Every information is always displayed for exactly 4 seconds. Perhaps we might change it and make it slower or make it as an configuration option.

skypilot65

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 08:19:09 pm »

The panel doesn't do any pause. Every information is always displayed for exactly 4 seconds. Perhaps we might change it and make it slower or make it as an configuration option.

I have a 30 second video that shows what I'm talking about. Not only does the gate panel change so rapidly that is a blur, the actual gate numbers on the jetways do this as well.

Here is the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/sr4sJcarXQk
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 07:27:04 pm by skypilot65 »