Author Topic: Question when adding airports with PMDG and QW planes  (Read 1764 times)

paulyg123

Question when adding airports with PMDG and QW planes
« on: August 23, 2019, 06:17:01 pm »
I added the new KORD to P3D latest version (looks great).  I notice that on my PMDG747-8 moving airport map display, I am missing the new runways.  Does the FSDT download include updates to the PMDG file that drives the moving map update?  I updated my EFB and still don't see those runways. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question when adding airports with PMDG and QW planes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:21:03 pm »
We surely are not supposed to provide updates to airplane that use their own internal databases to show data. There are products like Navigraph that are supposed to do exactly that, and keep the navadata of many popular 3rd party airplanes in sync with the latest real world updates.

We use standard AFCAD files so, any flight planning utility that reads them, should be able to display the new runways and their related approaches.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Question when adding airports with PMDG and QW planes
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:30:06 pm »
Can't really help you with the PMDG 747-8 since you already tried the only steps I could think of. As far as the QualityWings 787, you'd have to create a separate file for the airport data. Instructions on how to do that can be found in the 787 manual on page 164.
Captain Kevin