Author Topic: Error during installation regarding Couatl Updater  (Read 11393 times)

reever

Re: Error during installation regarding Couatl Updater
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 01:27:26 pm »
I cleared the browser cache and downloaded the latest file. Still the same error on install.  Also downloaded the file on a second computer and transferred to the P3D computer. Same error on installation.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 01:53:29 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the files online are fine, so the problem must be on your end. Try downloading using a VPN, like this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

This will change your IP, and will likely result in a different Cloudflare node being used, one that has all the updated files. Most likely, your local Cloudflare node has a problem and is still not updated.

reever

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 05:25:48 pm »
Download with Hotspotshield produced a successful installation.  Only problem is how to get rid of Hotspotshield and return everything to normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:42 pm »
Just uninstall it, although I believe it's possible to just enable/disable it, in case it might be useful again.

cubano2919

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 04:17:13 am »
I am having the same exact issue, its clearly not isolated. I bought this product at simmarket and they refuse to refund my money, telling me I need to come here for support. I have tried everything suggested here to no avail. If technical support cannot be provided here, would you please send me in the right direction to get my money back. It is unacceptable I cannot even get past the installer and have no means of a refund. Thanks in advance.

Markito

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 08:33:52 am »
I can only repeat and confirm the files online are fine, so the problem must be on your end. Try downloading using a VPN, like this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

This will change your IP, and will likely result in a different Cloudflare node being used, one that has all the updated files. Most likely, your local Cloudflare node has a problem and is still not updated.

This cannot be the right way!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(  Do your clients now need third-party software to download your installers???  >:( >:( >:( >:(  HSS is asking for credit card details for a 7-day trial period???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 11:49:38 am »
I am having the same exact issue, its clearly not isolated.

It's clearly isolated, since just a handful of users ( less than 10 for sure ) have reported it, out of many thousands of downloads.

I bought this product at simmarket and they refuse to refund my money, telling me I need to come here for support. I have tried everything suggested here to no avail. If technical support cannot be provided here, would you please send me in the right direction to get my money back. It is unacceptable I cannot even get past the installer and have no means of a refund. Thanks in advance.

Everywhere on our site ( and on Simmarket too ), it's CLEARLY explained our products are sold in TRIAL version and the Trial version is the only installer we have, and I believe this is the the description on Simmarket too.

With a Trial, you are normally supposed to download first and THEN purchase, after you checked the scenery so, a download problem cannot be an excuse for a refund, and you are wrong saying you have "no support", because you have been given all the solutions that have proven to be working, which are, in this order:

- Clearing cookies from fsdreamteam.com

- Clear the browser cache

- I suggested a VPN, because it's another alternative, but it's far from being the only one.

You don't like a VPN ? Here's another alternative: do you have a smartphone that can act as a wi-fi hotspot ? If yes, try to use that, and see if the installer downloads correctly.

If that option is not possible, then please contact support in private, and I'll find a way to send you the installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2019, 11:50:49 am »
HSS is asking for credit card details for a 7-day trial period???

That's not mandatory, of course. It's enough to press Esc (or Cancel ) on the credit card request, and the program will go ahead in Trial mode.

Markito

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 02:32:15 pm »
HSS is asking for credit card details for a 7-day trial period???

That's not mandatory, of course. It's enough to press Esc (or Cancel ) on the credit card request, and the program will go ahead in Trial mode.

It is, and I cannot find a button/icon to cancel the introduction of those data. Even when I press the Esc key it does not respond conveniently. I will wait for an update, which is a pity - I bought the product two days ago and, MAYBE, I will be able to use it after an update. Truly disappointed...  :( :( :( :( :(

Markito

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2019, 02:44:58 pm »
I found another solution:

I downloaded the installer on my laptop, put it on a USB drive and ran it on my PC where I have P3D installed. It worked that way!!!  :-\ :-\ :-\ I hope this helps clients with the same issues.

Regards,
Marco

cubano2919

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2019, 03:59:50 pm »
I have tried every “solution” you have provided on here. I have been your customer like many others on here for a long time and have never had this issue. Just because you can’t reproduce it and because only maybe 10 of us have cared to report this, does not make it less important or less isolated. I have never felt the need to download a demo on your products first since I have never had a single issue. This is a huge red flag and I am glad it happened. I will patiently until this issue is resolved, care to share any other solution I could try? . Thanks for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 05:10:04 pm »
I have tried every “solution” you have provided on here.

No, you haven't. Since I haven't received any emails from you, it seems you haven't considered the last one I posted in the my reply to your own post:

If that option is not possible, then please contact support in private, and I'll find a way to send you the installer.

Awaiting for you email.

KaptainKaos

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 07:28:09 am »
Add me to the list of those having the "source file is corrupted" problem.
After reading through this post I've tried all the suggestions presented.

1. I've cleared my browser cache & cookies. No luck.
2. I did the same using 2 other browsers (IE & Edge). Same results
3. I downloaded the install file on 2 other PCs. No good.

I'm not disputing your statement that the problem is at our end. But what is/are those problem(s)?

Some thoughts/ideas:

1. How are you attempting to reproduce the problem? Are you installing from the original developer files locally?
Have you tested from a remote location, downloading the installer and having it download the .bin files which is our only option to this point?

2. I don't know about the others with the same problem, but I have very fast service (350mb/s).
Perhaps the installer is corrupting the .bin files during the download. Maybe it can't handle/buffer the data as it downloads.

3. Can you provide an MD5 or other checksum so we can verify the integrity of the .bin files?

4. Can you give us a way to directly download the .bin files instead of the installer doing the download?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 11:02:55 am »
1. How are you attempting to reproduce the problem?

Obviously yes. Each and every time anybody reports anything, the FIRST thing we do, is trying to reproduce the problem and THEN replying

Are you installing from the original developer files locally?

Obviously not, it would be silly for me to do that, that doesn't mean like "trying to reproduce the problem". I downloaded and installed the installer from our web page, like any user would do!

Have you tested from a remote location, downloading the installer and having it download the .bin files which is our only option to this point?

Obviously yes. I tested with and without a VPN, to simulate downloading form a different location. And here I see where a problem might be. Without a VPN, the download works fine. With a VPN using an IP in Europe, the download works fine. I tried a VPN in the US, and one of the 2 files downloads correctly, but it's NOT the current version!

This confirm my theory, some nodes in the Cloudflare network are slower to sync with the actual file uploaded but, I'm sure they eventually will be. We reported this issue to Cloudflare, they investigated and couldn't reproduce the problem, but after a day or two, it fixed itself and all the nodes finally got the latest files.

Your message is from a few hours ago, could you please try downloading again now ?

2. I don't know about the others with the same problem, but I have very fast service (350mb/s).

Speed doesn't have anything to do with this.

Perhaps the installer is corrupting the .bin files during the download. Maybe it can't handle/buffer the data as it downloads.

The installer works and doesn't corrupt anything. The issue is happening entirely outside our control, in the network.

3. Can you provide an MD5 or other checksum so we can verify the integrity of the .bin files?

It's no use. The installer does that for you, that's why it says "installer corrupted", precisely because it failed the hash.

4. Can you give us a way to directly download the .bin files instead of the installer doing the download?

I already posted TWICE about this. Affected users should contact support by email, and they will be sent the correct files in a different way.

rodriguesdevin

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 06:52:09 pm »
Hello All,

I have tried every way as well and am getting the same issue. I have also emailed you guys to see if I can get the alternate way but no response as of yet.

Best Regards,

Devin