Author Topic: Error during installation regarding Couatl Updater  (Read 11398 times)

Bigteeze

Error during installation regarding Couatl Updater
« on: August 23, 2019, 06:15:23 pm »
I am getting an error message during installation saying "there was an error that occurred while trying to copy a file. THe source file is corrupted". Do I just ignore this and proceed with the installation?

anappy

Re: Error during installation regarding Couatl Updater
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:19:41 pm »
I have this issue for every file that the installer is trying to install

Bigteeze

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »
I have this issue for every file that the installer is trying to install

You're right. I clicked Ignore just to see what would happen and it went on to give the same error for another file. I clicked Ignore again and same thing. WTF.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 06:35:08 pm »
Just checked this now, and I cannot reproduce it. The KORD installer downloads its two large pieces normally, installs with no errors, and then starts the Updater with no errors, just downloading a couple of updated files we changed yesterday night.

Try this:

- Remove this folder:

Documents\KORDV2_installer

- Download the installer from our site again, the smaller one, which will download its parts in the above folder when it starts.

Bigteeze

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 06:40:33 pm »
Just checked this now, and I cannot reproduce it. The KORD installer downloads its two large pieces normally, installs with no errors, and then starts the Updater with no errors, just downloading a couple of updated files we changed yesterday night.

Try this:

- Remove this folder:

Documents\KORDV2_installer

- Download the installer from our site again, the smaller one, which will download its parts in the above folder when it starts.

Will try this right now. How do I know which installer on your website is the smaller one?

anappy

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 06:43:01 pm »
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/kordv2_p3d4_setup2-1.bin
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/kordv2_p3d4_setup2-2.bin
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/kordv2_p3d4_setup2.exe

Weird.......
I downloaded these directly from the site and still have the same issue.

Also that folder was not there to be removed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 06:43:19 pm »
Will try this right now. How do I know which installer on your website is the smaller one?

Since there's only one, you cannot really download anything else by mistake.

Bigteeze

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 06:47:04 pm »
As the other poster mentioned, I also don't have that folder to remove. And I just re-downloaded the installer from the website and I'm getting the same issues. I'm on Windows 10, P3D 4.4.

anappy

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 06:50:46 pm »
I'd also like to add I cleared my browser cookies, and all my securities are turned off for the donwload

Bigteeze

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 07:29:19 pm »
Same here. Virus protection disabled. And this thing is still not working. I'd like to get an answer soon or I'm gonna want my money back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 10:56:13 pm »
I already answered I cannot reproduce the problem, so it can only be something wrong on your end. In any case, just as a test, we re-uploaded the installer again now, perhaps seeing a new file, might force your browser or your ISP local caching, or the Cloudflare caching on the node closest to you to refresh the download and give you the correct one.

So, try clearing the browser cache, and download again now.

Bigteeze

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 05:37:07 am »
I cleared the browser cache and re-downloaded. It finally worked. Thank you.

reever

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 05:56:38 am »
I an experiencing the same problem; "source file is corrupted" during O'hare v2 installation.  In the same session, 15 other FSDT airports were downloaded and installed into P3dv4 without error.
Clearing the browser cache had no effect, still the same error. I've spent hours trying to find a solution, but I'm out of ideas...Please help.   

Markito

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 06:57:24 am »
I already answered I cannot reproduce the problem, so it can only be something wrong on your end. In any case, just as a test, we re-uploaded the installer again now, perhaps seeing a new file, might force your browser or your ISP local caching, or the Cloudflare caching on the node closest to you to refresh the download and give you the correct one.

I reported the same issue (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21809.0.html). I cleared the browser cache, downloaded the "smaller" file (634 kb) from another browser and am still experiencing the same error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 11:16:42 am »
As I've said, I cannot reproduce the problem, so it can only be something wrong on your end. In any case, just as a test, we re-uploaded the installer again now, perhaps seeing a new file, might force your browser or your ISP local caching, or the Cloudflare caching on the node closest to you to refresh the download and give you the correct one.