Author Topic: Floating Buildings  (Read 21714 times)

Martyjr

Re: Floating Buildings
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 12:39:41 am »
P3Dv45HF1, KORDv2
Floaters, I tried to zoom in (aborted landing ILS04R to get a screenshot).
I do not have Orbx vector.
Short flight KGRR-KORD.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:52:04 am by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

DELTA767

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2019, 12:40:48 am »
Hello,

There is definitely something wrong with the elevation. Thought is was ORBX.... reverted back to default scenery to confirm. Same problem persists. At about 100ft AGL on final to rwy 10C the aircraft slams into the ground like it if the runway is sloped or something. Just like is hits a wall. I'm also have the floating building issue. Can anyone else confirms this? Thanks!!

DELTA767

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 12:44:53 am »
I'll repeat my last question: would be possible to get a screenshot of these floating objects from very close, so we could at least know where they are coming from ?

Martyjr

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 01:01:37 am »
KORDv2 ready for takeoff / floaters (3 screenshots).

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

Thunderbolt

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 01:25:34 am »
Not true! The new ImagineSim KATL is PBR and it has an option in their ImagineSim Operations Center to explicitly select/deselect PBR textures, deselecting them eliminate the issue (PBR rendering)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:32:32 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 01:32:38 am »
Not true! The new ImagineSim KATL is PBR and it has an option in their ImagineSim Operations Center to explicitly select/deselect PBR textures, deselecting them eliminate the issue (PBR rendering).

What is "not true" ? You just made my point: Some developers could offer non-PBR version of the scenery texture, because their scenery weren't initially made for PBR, they first had a non-PBR version, and then it was later updated to PBR.

KORD V2 was never meant to be a non-PBR product, it started from day one to have everything made in PBR, and nobody ever did non-PBR textures for it, that's why we couldn't offer that option, it would mean redoing all textures from scratch, and by that time, the fix would be already out, making all that work useless, since we don't need an FSX version or a P3D 3 version, which couldn't even done even if we *did* had non-PBR, because we used a lot of other P3D4-only features, like LUA Scripts, 2nd UV channels, etc.

In addition to that, the very fact those developers that HAD a non-PBR version of the scenery, could only offer *that* as a solution solution to the floating objects issue, further proves my point the problem is not the scenery, which is absolutely fine, and can only be fixed by LM, and we know for sure they are working on it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:34:49 am by virtuali »

Beancounter

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 06:00:01 am »
I just wanted to add that I’m on the latest version of 4.5 and I have the same objects floating.  It’s at the end of terminal 5 after I land from another airport. It’s the same objects as posted in the screenshots above.

Thanks
Norm.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
I just wanted to add that I’m on the latest version of 4.5 and I have the same objects floating.  It’s at the end of terminal 5 after I land from another airport. It’s the same objects as posted in the screenshots above.

That's normal, the issue happens even with the latest 4.5.

Terblanche

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 10:19:28 am »

That's normal, the issue happens even with the latest 4.5.

I love the casual, non-nonchalant "That's normal" comment ... your sense of humor is priceless (and I mean it without sarcasm)
Does the above mentioned photos give you any inclination what, where, why ...? Or do you need more photographs? I'm will to do a fly-by but as you know by now, we need to start at another airport far enough away so that the scenery does not load up on start but I'll get to KORD and take closeup pictures although I think the photos above are pretty clear.
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 10:59:55 am »
I love the casual, non-nonchalant "That's normal" comment ... your sense of humor is priceless (and I mean it without sarcasm)

"normal" here, obviously meant:

"a known acknowledged bug that happens with PBR objects only, that LM is aware, and other developers like Aerosoft, also said it cannot be fixed by them and they are waiting for a fix from LM"

But since I already said that so many times, it seemed redundant to repeat it again. Apparently, not.

Does the above mentioned photos give you any inclination what, where, why ...?

Almost, from the look of it, it seems most of the users posted the same problematic object, which are parts of the Terminal 5. That object is divided in two parts, a main part and a detailed part. The detailed part was already made as a Simobject (we planned to convert it back to .BGL after LM released a fix), because we *did* had issues with it while working on it.

The main part it's made as a .BGL, and we couldn't be able to see it in the air, no matter hard we tried. One of our testers tried with his laptop, which has a weaker GPU and, after many tries, he could finally see that part floating in the air.

So, we converted that part to Simobject and removed it from the .BGL, and the fix is ALREADY ON LIVE UPDATE NOW, it would be useful to get some feedback about it.

DELTA767

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2019, 11:12:20 am »
Hello, does this update fix the elevation issue at the runway threshold. All aircraft seem to bounce at 150AGL above all runway thresholds. Really annoying. Wondering if anyone can confirm this. Seems to be a big gap on the glidepath where it goes from 150ft to level ground instantly. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:40:37 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 11:42:15 am »
Hello, does this update fix the elevation issue at the runway threshold. All aircraft seem to bounce at 150AGL above all runway thresholds. Really annoying. Wondering if anyone can confirm this. Seems to be a big gap on the glidepath where it goes from 150ft to level ground instantly.

Nobody else except you reported this, and I couldn't reproduce it. Do you have other sceneries installed that might affect elevation in this area ?

Also, check your Mesh resolution setting, the scenery comes with its own high res mesh at 1mt/pixel so, if you want to see the proper detail, your resolution slider should be set to that level, which is the maximum amount.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:44:31 am by virtuali »

robin2773

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »
Hello,
here are some pictures of the issues that I encountered : https://imgur.com/a/PMlUSqb

Hope this helps,
Robin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2019, 01:24:20 pm »
Have you already installed the update we published this morning ? That is supposed to fix the flying T5.

The LOD is intentionally made like this so it's not really a problem of the scenery, and it's expected that very wide FOV will result in details disappearing.

Which resolution you use ? If you use a not so high resolution, but very wide FOV, that's the worse possible situation, we tuned LOD levels assuming those that need to use a wide LOD are also using large ultrawide screens.

I do have an ultrawide screen, so I must use the widest 0.30 zoom level if I want to see the VC realistically in full screen mode, see how the LOD levels looks like in this case:

lowest LOD = no vehicles at all
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-30-20-340.jpg

intermediate LOD = few vehicles
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-30-25-159.jpg

highest LOD = all vehicles and details
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-30-32-876

This is how they look like at 2160x1440 res, using zoom 0.70, which is usually considered to be the most realistic setting in 16:9 resolution:

LOW
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-37-52-934.jpg

MEDIUM
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-38-2-463.jpg

HIGH
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/2019-8-24_13-38-20-946.jpg

Basically, the lower the resolution, the more the LOD seems to be aggressive (they are always the same in the scenery), and this is also combined with the zoom level, which we always tune for 0.70. The goal here was trying to prevent loading too much detail for terminals you are not located on.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:47:02 pm by virtuali »

Dom Mason

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 01:55:49 pm »
Umberto

I can't activate Check live update

theres a black screen with this message
" The remote server returned invalid data"

Dom Mason