Author Topic: Floating Buildings  (Read 22033 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Floating Buildings
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 06:27:04 pm »
It obviously looks like a PBR ghosting that happens under the same conditions (during the arrrival phase) with Imaginesim WSSS and Aerosoft Canary Islands Airports. Both developers disabled PBR-mode until LM release a fix. FSDT should follow this trend in my opinion

No, we won't, and for the obvious reason this is not a scenery that ever had a non-PBR version, one that could run on older simulators. That's the only reason why those developers allowed to "disable" PBR: they already had the FSX (or a non-PBR version for P3D4, derived from FSX) version ready, so it wouldn't be much effort just using it as an alternate installation.

This scenery is a true PBR project, if we wanted to create a non-PBR version, we would have to redo all textures from scratch. LM will fix that WAY sooner than that, so it would all work wasted.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:29:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 06:29:06 pm »
So what? 4.4 users won't be affected by PBR ghosting, right?

Yes.

Unfortunately, 4.4 has a bug which HAS been fixed in 4.5, that shows some visual issues with objects using the 2nd UV channel. There's only one scenery out there that use this system, you can easily guess which one is...( all of this was explained in the manual ).

Dom Mason

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 07:52:55 pm »
Hi
I am on P3DV4.4 and i also get floatting buildings. This pretty annoying and i would never had bought Kord V2 if i knew
about this bug.
Umberto, from the previous posts, are you suggesting this is inherent to LM PBR technology and what ever we use, PD3V4.4 or V.4.5,
we will have these floatting buildings ?

Furthermore, i can't find KORD 2 manual. Where is it please.

As usual with FSDT, i was anticipating these news annoyements. To me, FSDT was the best developer ever, but now ?

Please retrieve these buildings. (by the by, i gave up FSX to avoid these bugs and  now it's the same c??**!!??

Disappointed Dom Mason

Dom Mason

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 07:55:33 pm »
Here is the floatting issue on my installation
Dom Mason

nbl1936

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 08:25:58 pm »
Don,

Do you use ORBX Vector?  If so, run the Vector Airport Elevation Correction utility from the Control Panel within ORBX Vector.  That has been an issue for me - although not this time at KORD - for other airports.

Dave Robinette
NBL1936
Noble Air Chairman
Dave Robinette
NBL1936
Noble Air Chairman

Dom Mason

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 08:38:46 pm »
Hi Dave,

I only use Orbx Global (Vector is a pain in the A**)

Dom

Thunderbolt

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 09:06:14 pm »
Same here ( P3D v4.5) and I donĀ“t have nothing installed.  ie. LatinVFR,ORBX, KCGX,DD,etc.

Thanks for any input.

https://imgur.com/i81Sz02

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 10:47:29 pm by Thunderbolt »

Dom Mason

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 10:08:27 pm »

So we are probably just hostages waiting for Lockheed Martin update ?  ;D

Did we miss something ?

Dom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 10:32:27 pm »
I am on P3DV4.4 and i also get floatting buildings.

This is your first report from someone with 4.4 having this issue. Maybe on 4.4 is just less likely to appear. However, it would help if you could post a screenshot of these from up close, to see where they are coming from.

This pretty annoying and i would never had bought Kord V2 if i knew

And that's why we have a Trial for. But don't worry, LM is fully aware of it, will fix it.

Thunderbolt

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 11:06:02 pm »
And that's why we have a Trial for. But don't worry, LM is fully aware of it, will fix it.

So now LM is the guilty?? What about Flightbeam, LatinVFR, Drzewiecki Design, ORBX? Only your software have floating buildings.

I used the Trial version but the problem did NOT show up in that short time available, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it either.

https://imgur.com/i81Sz02

And the biggest laugh of all is that "Umberto/Vitualli, or whoever runs this one man company has never in my experience accepted responsibility for any of the issues. He/she is much better at placing blame then programming quality software.

As Mr ArJuna said above, always placing blame at others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 11:35:48 pm »
So now LM is the guilty?? What about Flightbeam, LatinVFR, Drzewiecki Design, ORBX? Only your software have floating buildings.

That's wrong, first because none of these sceneries are fully PBR from the ground up (DD it's not even 0% PBR, and OrbX said they'll release their first fully PBR scenery shortly).

And if you look at many forums of other developers, it's very well know this is something that requires a fix from LM, look at Aerosoft forum, for example:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/145966-objects-in-the-air-at-gclp-sim-wings/

Some of them offered a non-PBR version of the scenery so, if what you said were true, there wasn't any need to do that, wouldn't ?

And, I think I explained quite clearly why we couldn't offer a non-PBR version of KORD: there's just no such thing, since this was started as a PBR-only project 2 years ago, even before knowing if P3D would ever get PBR. Other developers could simply offer the non-PBR version of their textures, simply because they might have an FSX version or a P3D non-PBR version available, but we don't, and we would have to do one from scratch, an useless work, after LM will release the fix.

And the biggest laugh of all is that "Umberto/Vitualli, or whoever runs this one man company has never in my experience accepted responsibility for any of the issues. He/she is much better at placing blame then programming quality software.  

Wrong, of course.  First, we couldn't reproduce the problem, we only had at T5, so we converted that one into a Simobject, which prevented the issue.  And, we wanted to have most of the scenery using plain .BGL, to fix the loading pauses which were a problem with our previous sceneries, and prove we didn't use Simobject for fun, but only because we couldn't do much with .BGLs in FSX. Now that we don't need to run in FSX anymore, we could stay more clean, but unfortunately, that bug in P3D 4.5 affects *ONLY* objects made as .BGLs.

But that's besides the point. What would be of that useless comment you just made AFTER LM will release the fix ? Would you come here saying "you were right" ?

And it's not this hasn't happened before. Here's a short list of the issue we encountered along the P3D history of updates:

- When P3D 4.0  was released, if a certain number of sceneries using the add-on.xml method was installed, textures started to disappear and go black. We were the first to use that format, which of course the the "native" P3D4 method, yet users complained to us about the problem and, just as you are doing now, said we always blame others.

And guess what, the problem was fixed by LM in 4.1, with no intervention required on our part.

- When P3D 4.1 came out, a bug happened that resulted in the automatic selection of menu entries, as if you pressed the keyboard, even if you didn't. All add-ons using menus, like SODE, FS Passengers, and of course GSX, were affected by this, but since GSX is the most popular of all, users complained to us about the problem and, just as you are doing now, said we always blame others.

And guess what, the problem was fixed by LM in 4.2, with no intervention required on our part.

- When P3D 4.4 came out, there was a bug of corrupted textures in objects using the 2nd UV channel. Nobody knew about this problem except us, because it affected us when working at KORD. It doesn't happen to any other scenery out there, because nobody ever used the 2nd UV channel. Now that KORD is out, users with 4.4 will see this problem, and will likely complain to us, saying we always put blame on others after hearing the explanation (which is also in the manual)

- And guess what, the problem was fixed by LM in 4.5, with no intervention required on our part.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:29:55 am by virtuali »

Terblanche

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 11:41:53 pm »
I'm on 4.4 after a lot of issues with 4.5.1 and I'm too tired to fiddle every single time with settings when I just want to fly and not constantly change settings and/or looking for problems in cfg files.
If this is not close enough then I'll do a fly by next time I approach KORD. As stated before, it only happens when you approach KORD from another airport. If you start P3D and depart from KORD then everything is fine.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3606/MysLAf.jpg

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:54:21 pm by virtuali »
Terblanche Jordaan

fontaine32

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 11:54:03 pm »
Same here for P3D 4.5.1  https://imgur.com/a/tjYczoW

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 11:56:45 pm »
Why nobody if doing what I asked, which is posting a screenshot of these floating objects from very close, so we could at least know what they are coming from ?

And, it's common knowledge this only appeared in 4.5, but it might very well possible that, on 4.4 it's less common, or simply nobody noticed before, because when 4.4 came out, there weren't any PBR sceneries available, let alone sceneries made 100% in PBR.

The only thing sure, LM is fully aware of this, and will fix it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 12:03:38 am »
I'm asking this because, if all floating object come from the same place, we might be able to temporarily convert it as a Simobject and use that as a temporary solution until the fix from LM will come out.