Author Topic: FSDT KJFK Failure to install  (Read 1741 times)

freded

FSDT KJFK Failure to install
« on: August 21, 2019, 03:54:53 am »
I upgraded from P3Dv3 to v4.5 recently and on trying to reinstall your KJFK encountered an error message that told me that the installation could not proceed unless GSX Level 2 Expansion is already installed.

So I downloaded & installed that, but still KJFK refuses to install with the same error message.

On checking I find that the file GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe is installed in:-

1. C:\Flying\Prepar3D 4.5\Addon Scenery\USA\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX, dated 24 Nov 2018, size 353560 - and in:-

2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX, dated 2 Jul 2019, size 356056

If one of these is an incorrect location, maybe that is the cause of the problem?

I did try rebooting after installing GSX Level 2 but that had no effect...

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT KJFK Failure to install
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:59:11 pm »
The problem is you are using an outdated installed for JFK. Download and install the current version, which recognizes the latest version of GSX L2, after the PBR update.

freded

Re: FSDT KJFK Failure to install
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 11:49:22 pm »
Thank you! That fixed it.

I compared the two versions of 'jfk2_fsx_setup.exe and saw that, although they have the same filename, they differ in size and one is dated 6 Nov 2018 and the other 21 Aug 2019.

I'd be surprised if other people have not had the same problem! It would have been more helpful if the update had been given a different filename.

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark