Author Topic: Mouse support  (Read 1911 times)

Hazza

Mouse support
« on: August 17, 2019, 11:41:47 pm »
I saw in the release notes that there is now support for "Mouse Interface in the 3d scenery customization window. Vehicle positions and Custom Pushback nodes can be placed by clicking the mouse on screen and rotated using the Mouse Wheel."

I can't, though, figure out how to do this. Can anyone tell me how please?
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mouse support
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 01:51:13 pm »
It works in P3D 4.4+ only.

Hazza

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 06:11:20 pm »
I have 4.5 installed.
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:33:11 pm »
Then there's no reason why it wouldn't work. There's nothing special to do, just click on the screen when an object in the parking customization is selected ( its pointer is orange ). Note that, you will still have to select *which* object you want to move with F1/F4, there's no "drag and select" for the time being.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 02:20:27 am »
I have also discovered that if a single click doesn't work, you may have to do a double click to move the vehicles.
Captain Kevin

Hazza

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 07:53:20 am »
OK, so I was still having problems despite several attempts to update. I uninstalled GSX and Addon Manager and deleted (actually renamed and moved) the folders in Appdata, ProgramData and Addon Manager. When I restarted I got an error (see attached file). When launching P3Dv4.5 it said it couldn't find the airport directories and did I want to unload them - I said Yes.

I have installed Addon Manager 4.5.0.18, GSX 2.6.1.0 and SODE 1.6.4. I also have Charlotte, Dallas, Chicago, Hawaiian Vol 1, Honolulu, JFK v2, KLAX, Memphis and Vancouver installed. Of course I have many other addon (too numerous to list) but ask if you need to know about a specific one.

Obviously I have made a mistake somewhere in this process.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Harry
Cheers

Hazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 04:44:38 pm »
I'm not sure what do you mean with "I have installed Addon Manager 4.5.0.18". I guess you mean GSX has installed the Addon Manager, since we don't provide a Stand-alone Addon Manager to install separately since 2017, when we made the current Live Updater, and of course this is also clearly explained on the Stand-alone Addon Manager page, which offers a link for the FS9 version only, with an explanation why the FSX/P3D version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not available and not required anymore.

In any case, your error log clearly indicates you don't have the latest version of GSX, most likely because your antivirus or firewall is preventing the updater to update all files to their right version.

Disable every firewall and be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, and run the FSDT Live Update again.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:47:56 pm by virtuali »