Author Topic: Blue texture at night at Los Angeles  (Read 3620 times)

benjoglove

Blue texture at night at Los Angeles
« on: August 18, 2019, 10:57:45 am »
Okay have read the other forum topics with this issue and I must say its a horrible issue that ruins the whole scenery at night.

As shown below, at night, you get the blue textures. I have spoken with others with the same issue on facebook P3D sites. I have read that you have stated it's a shader issue which I was willing to accept, until someone with the same issue stated they did a full reset of PC (complete wipe), reinstalled p3d and the scenery without any shaders and still get the issue. On a 4K screen this texture is absolutely horrible and nearly not useable. Its grainy and hard to use.

This needs to be looked at with the scenery not blaming shaders. Every other airport whether yours or others have never had this type of issue.

https://ibb.co/3rPBBb2
https://ibb.co/2vBTHmw
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:59:17 am by benjoglove »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blue texture at night at Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 01:42:58 pm »
This needs to be looked at with the scenery not blaming shaders. Every other airport whether yours or others have never had this type of issue

Again, there's nothing wrong with the scenery, since it surely doesn't look like that, on a cleanly installed simulator. So yes, it's a shader issue. See the screenshot how the scenery looks like on the same position ( Gate 57 ) as in your screenshot.

That "someone" that stated he wiped out his PC, surely hasn't done that. He probably just reinstalled the simulator but, just reinstalling the simulator won't remove any shader modifications, unless they are explicitly removed manually.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 01:44:56 pm by virtuali »

benjoglove

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:24:03 am »
So why do the shaders only affect this scenery if it is the shaders? Shaders used on other non FSDT scenery dont do this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:09:30 pm »
So why do the shaders only affect this scenery if it is the shaders? Shaders used on other non FSDT scenery dont do this?

That's because not many developers use advanced materials like we do. Have you ever looked at the shaders folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Shaders ?

There a literally *thousands* of them, because they are compiled starting from a few dozen of source files, but they become so many, because a different one is create depending on the combinations of material parameters used in the sceneries, that's why using shader tweaks can be dangerous: those who make their tweaks cannot possibly test every possible combination so, it might simply be a case that KLAX was made using a combination of parameters that resulted in a weird effect when the original shaders source files are messed with.

predabon

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 10:45:22 pm »
I don't know what "advanced materials" are, but ALL other sceneries from other major companies for P3D don't do this and these sceneries are as good as FSDT KLAX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:59 pm »
I don't know what "advanced materials" are, but ALL other sceneries from other major companies for P3D don't do this and these sceneries are as good as FSDT KLAX.

They just got lucky they never used a material settings combination that the tweaked shaders didn't ruin, but of course we use 100% fully documented SDK materials so, it's those that makes tweaker shaders that should ensure they don't wreak havoc with stuff made following standards.

Also, it's not true tweaked shaders cause problems to FSDT KLAX only. Airport sceneries are usually simpler (whether they look good or not, is highly subjective, I think most of them looks very flat, but that's just me), but if you read on many airplane developers forums, they are almost all against shaders tweaks, because they spend to much time trying to perfect how the aircraft will look like, only to find users with totally wonky colors, because of tweaked shaders, that's because advanced material settings (but still 100% SDK compatible) are more commonly used in airplanes.

See this post by PMDG, they won't even provide support to those using tweaked shaders:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/5957-11mar19-shader-mods-if-you-are-having-trouble-with-artifacts-after-our-747-pbr-update-you-need-to-read-this

Now go there, try to say there are other airplanes out there that looks as good as theirs and don't show any issues with tweaked shaders, and see their reaction...