Author Topic: RESOLVED - No Buildings in KDFW FSX Scenery After Addon Manager Update  (Read 3758 times)

xwinds

Hi Umberto,

I recently purchased KDFW (with CYVR) and was having issues relating to Addon Manager that were resolved by disabling AV and Firewall. Recently (last weekend) I updated the Addon Manager after a prompt- following previously learnt steps. But now no buildings showing up in the scenery or any other FSDT scenery I have. I tried uninstalling all the FSDT scenery including GSX and  reinstalling them with AV and FW deactivated. But that also didn't help. Now only gates are showing and no markings, buildings, etc. showing. I tried this repeatedly without success. The GSX, Addon Manager and Coautl are all showing up in the Add-ons drop down.

I appreciate your help looking into this as its starting to get stressful now.

Thank you and all the best,

Jay
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:07:00 am by xwinds »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings in KDFW FSX Scenery After Addon Manager Update
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 02:04:48 pm »
The problem is likely your antivirus, which might mistakenly blocking the program *BECAUSE* it has been updated.

If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

And no, you shouldn't "just" deactivate the antivirus. You MUST configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning too.

If that doesn't work, you should do the following to enable Logging:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

xwinds

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your continued support. Please find attached the file as requested.

Further to your recommendations I have excluded the Addon Manager folder from antivirus scanning and firewall blocking but that didn't help either. I have the Addon Manager, Couatl and GSX appearing in the Addons drop down in FSX.

Look forward to hearing further from you.

Thank you again and all the best,

Jay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:29:53 pm »
Are you sure you haven't closed the simulator too quickly ? Your log shows no errors but, if you close the simulator too soon, an error couldn't get a chance to be logged.

Also, was this log taken after you changed something in the Scenery Library ? Because if you did, it's normal it regenerated the airport cache, but if you didn't, than it's NOT normal, and perhaps is the cause of the problem, a cache regeneration not completing for some reason, usually the antivirus, which is blocking or just making it too slow.

xwinds

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 03:33:01 am »
Thank you for the message Umberto, I didn't quit FSX immediately... I flew around the airport to see if the scenery generated after some time but nothing happened. I didn't change anything in the scenery library.

Only after this post that I tried again- this time on Flightbeam KPHX HD-- the gates didn't load and I didn't find GSX in the Addons menu. So I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and the Flightbeam scenery worked flawlessly. This after I updated Flightbeam sceneries to work with the Flighbeam manager.

Appreciate your continued support.

Thank you much,

Jay

xwinds

RESOLVED - No Buildings in KDFW FSX Scenery After Addon Manager Update
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 05:45:06 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your continued support. I resolved the issue- downloaded the most current installers, uninstalled all current versions and installed the newer installers w firewall, SmartScreen and AV turned off.

All the best,

Jay
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:08:38 am by xwinds »