Author Topic: The Add-on GSX is out of date  (Read 2899 times)

Bingo41

The Add-on GSX is out of date
« on: August 16, 2019, 02:10:34 am »
The Add On "GSX" is out of date

Please download and install the latest add on manager.

Where do I find the latest add on manager to download?

Bill Clark

american398

Bingo41

Re: The Add-on GSX is out of date
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:15 am »
Hi,

The download says it is for FS9, and I am on P3D V4.5?

Bill Clark

american398

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 11:08:11 am »
my mistake, looks like it’s under the live update now. I don’t know the path off the top of my head but I think you can find it in c/program files 86/cautl. Something along those lines. Once you find the correct folder there should be a file named “live update” and “live update 2”. I think you can run either one and that should work for you.

Bingo41

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 05:22:28 pm »
Modified post slightly.....the Couatl_Updater2.exe file modified or updated hundreds of files.

I ran the Couatl_Updater2.exe (dated 5/9/2018) in the Addon Manager folder.

This folder on my PC is located here: C:\Addon Manager

During the execution of this module, it updated a "ton" of files

After executing this module, this is why I got the original message in my initial post "GSX is out of date.".

I would think that there is a newer module available?

Bill Clark
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 12:02:15 am by Bingo41 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 03:40:16 pm »

After executing this module, this is why I got the original message in my initial post "GSX is out of date.".

Is still downloading files if you run it again ? If it starts, and it doesn't download anything, you can be sure everything you have is updated.

If, instead, it keeps downloading files each time, there's something wrong with your connection, usually a firewall or antivirus preventing to complete the download, so it tries again the next time, over and over.

Bingo41

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 09:28:00 pm »

Is still downloading files if you run it again ? If it starts, and it doesn't download anything, you can be sure everything you have is updated.

If, instead, it keeps downloading files each time, there's something wrong with your connection, usually a firewall or antivirus preventing to complete the download, so it tries again the next time, over and over.

Umberto,

I pretty much have all of the FDST sceneries for the entire USA including Hawaii, hope to pick up Chicago V2 once released.

I ran Couatl_Updater2.exe (dated 5/9/2018) only once. Then I loaded into P3D V4.5 each FSDT scenery file I had to see what changes were made. Unfortunately, updating all these files pretty much destroyed every one of my FSDT airports. The runways had no markings, big holes in the scenery, or all the building missing. This module must have installed 400+ files as I watched it update.

BTW - I looked all over my PC to see if I have an FSDT addon manager, and I could not find one. This afternoon, I just found the Addon manager for P3D/FSX on your website……..website looks like it has been updated since yesterday as you now have some sort of Cloud service?

I fixed the above issue, by restoring my primary C:/ SSD image which includes the OS and all my sim files back to P3D V4.4, using Macrium Reflect. I have essentially recovered from the damage.

All I have to do is update P3D to V4.5, then update Active Sky, Flight1’s GTN 750, and I will be back to where I was before the damage was incurred.

Once I have restored everything back to where I was, what should I do to bring all the FSDT modules up to date?

Cheers,
Bill Clark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 01:59:34 pm »
You can be sure running the updated won't "damage" anything.

From your description, it's looks like your add-on.xml file couldn't be updated with the new paths for FSDT objects, and this could very well caused by an antivirus, but also by another add-on that had access to our add-on.xml and corrupted it, so it couldn't be updated.

If the FSDT add-on.xml cannot be updated, most of the FSDT airports won't show their objects.

Since the FSDT updater surely doesn't do any damage, you should just run it again and if the same thing still happens, DON'T DO ANYTHING, and report back, so we'll find out the real cause.

Bingo41

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 06:46:25 pm »
Umberto,

I have brought my system back to P3D Version 4.5……………..everything works great again, including all the FSDT airports installed.

My Question is, will running Couatl_Updater2.exe (dated 5/9/2018) bring my FSDT scenery up to date and I assume Couatl_Updater2.exe (dated 5/9/2018) is the latest version?

Now that my system is fully restored, I will run the updater again as I have backed up C:\SSD via Macrium Reflect, once I hear back from youi?

I found FSDT Live Updater on my desktop, it was hidden among many other icons, as I have a large 43 inch screen, ran it, and it updated a number of files, then it requested that I download the latest GSX installer, which I did, and updated all the GSX stuff. Once GSX was completed, then the FSDT Updater finished up its task of completing the update, and I presume, bringing all my FSDT airports up to date.

Checking a few airports, they look great, so I believe for now, my problem is solved.

I look forward to the Chicago V2

Bill Clark
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:05:32 am by Bingo41 »