Author Topic: Qatar Catering at Doha  (Read 2855 times)

RFarmah

Qatar Catering at Doha
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:00:01 am »
GSX is working great and all functions are a go, but just noticed something when flying at Doha with Qatar. When calling ground services with Qatar Airways, I am able to get all Qatar baggage containers and equipment, but the catering trucks are with the Servair, LSG, or Gate Gourmet. Is there any way to call the Qatar Airways Catering Group, which are the caterers for Qatar at Doha (like Emirates has their own catering in Dubai with GSX)?

Thanks,
Rajan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Qatar Catering at Doha
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:45:20 pm »
Have a look at this video, which explains how to customize an operator with any logo:

RFarmah

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
Sounds great! When I try to add the custom texture in a .png format, The option to add custom textures are greyed out and I can't select them as the video did. Is there anything I'm doing wrong to get this option greyed out? I attached an image below to help make it clear.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:26:32 pm by RFarmah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 03:35:06 pm »
Sounds great! When I try to add the custom texture in a .png format, The option to add custom textures are greyed out and I can't select them as the video did. Is there anything I'm doing wrong to get this option greyed out? I attached an image below to help make it clear.

Your logo image must be in 4:1 aspect ratio, for example 512x128 or 1024x256. Also, it's best if you remove the white part and set it as transparent.

RFarmah

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 03:42:34 pm »
After making sure the images were a 4:1 option, the actual option to select custom textures is greyed out in the GSX "customize parking position menu". I'm not sure what I can be doing wrong to make this feature greyed out, as when I select it, nothing opens are happens as the feature doesn't appear to be available. The image below shows what I mean by greyed out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 03:45:57 pm »
I see you use FSX.

I'm sorry, but that feature is disabled in FSX, since the custom logo from an user-provided image requires Render to Texture, which is only available on P3D4.

RFarmah

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 03:48:23 pm »
Oh okay I understand..No problem! GSX is still a great product and GSX level 2 has allowed for me to add SODE jetways to many third party airports and enjoy them to the next level. Is there any other way for me to get this livery on the catering trucks at Doha, or even as a part of a future update? Or is it possible for someone at FsDreamTeam to create this and I could install it?

Thanks for all the support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 03:49:27 pm »
We might add the livery in the next update.

RFarmah

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:51:41 pm »
that would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, is there a way to limit the catering companies, instead of shuffling through the GSX library. Like is there a way I could set it up just to use Gate Gourmet instead of shuffling through the list (like I'd prefer to not get ServAir).

And I can't thank you enough for all the product support to make this product great!

RFarmah

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 04:07:19 pm »
Also for future reference for an update, I believe that the Jet Aviation catering trucks are missing a texture, as they appear black when it comes to the actual vehicle but the logo remains. I've made sure to redownload and update GSX, but it seems that this is the way its downloading. All of the other catering textures work great and without a problem. Jet Aviation is the only texture that results in a black truck.