Author Topic: Exclude Option Broken v2.6.1.0  (Read 3975 times)

Virtual Captain

Exclude Option Broken v2.6.1.0
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:51:04 pm »
I've tried many 3rd party airports and the exclude option has never worked for me (nothing is generated). I have read the entire manual and watch Umberto's and several other videos on the process so I am aware of how it works. Note that I've only used GSX L2 on the latest version (2.6.1.0) since I recently purchased it, so I can't confirm that it was working for me on previous versions.

When I open up the airport editor, I check the exclude box for the gate that I am parked at and hit apply. The apply button stays active and does not go "dim" confirming that the option was accepted. When I exit P3D, there is no exclude bgl visible to compile in the GSX Control Panel. Furthermore, there is no exclude .xml file generated in the FsDreamTeam Exclude folder.

As a test, I opened up the control panel with P3D running in window mode side by side to see if anything is generated while I hit the apply button. Again, I activate the exclude option and hit apply. I then tried to edit some vehicle positions exactly like was done in Umberto's video. The control panel does not list anything to exclude. Only the airport ini file is generated in the roaming folder.

Some airports I have tried:
Flightbeam KIAD, Flytampa LGAV, KTPA, OMDB

I was beginning to think that maybe it didn't work with these airports, but I have found several examples where these airports were successfully edited by other users. For example, in cartayna's thread I found that he edited LGAV and I confirmed in his download that he includes a gsx exclusion file.

This is on a fresh install of both P3D and GSX (fully updated). I have the entire Addon Manager folder excluded from my anti-virus. I even added the coutl.exe process to be ignored by my AV when it is running. I even tried completely disabling the AV as a test.

To be clear every other aspect of GSX works properly - aircraft editor, airport objects editor and the normal GSX operations when parked at the gate. The only thing that is not working at all is the exclusion feature.

I have tried everything countless times and strongly believe that there is something not right with the latest version. It is as if the apply button does not do anything for the exclude option.

Can anyone confirm if the exclude option is working properly on the latest 2.6.1.0 version?

Umberto, please advise what I can do/troubleshoot to get this working.

jamodo

Re: Exclude Option Broken v2.6.1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:56:02 pm »
Hi, I have the same issue. Exclusion button stays active. When I click on another gate, the popup Apply customizations. Do you want to apply pending customizations""  it appears to save the settings, but then when I shut down the simulator, the exclusion is not showing as pending in FSDT gsx control panel. Did a totally clean install, with manual deletion after uninstall (even using regedit) but still the same issue. The rest of GSX works fine.

Virtual Captain

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 03:43:16 am »
@jamodo - Thanks for confirming that you have the same issue.

I also found this post dated Aug. 10, which is after the last update from GSX. Its possible that its another person with the same issue.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21640.0.html

Hopefully this is addressed soon since customizing jetways is a major feature and reason I upgraded to L2 (besides the animated people).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 03:12:26 pm »
Yes, we found the problem and could replicate it. Will be fixed as soon as possible.

jamodo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 03:44:24 pm »
That is great. Thanks. Sim is no fun without GSX. Great addon.

jg7xman

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 10:58:06 pm »
Any updates on this? Finally have a weekend to do some tweaking to my airports - thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »
Any updates on this? Finally have a weekend to do some tweaking to my airports - thanks

I replied to this yesterday, on a Saturday, it's only Sunday now, and not everybody at FSDT works 24/7

goosey

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 04:53:36 pm »
I thought I was going nuts!!! But luckely I am not the only one. I have the issue with EHAM from Fly Tampa. Reinstalled p3d 3 times hence me going nuts. :)
Hopefully it wont be to difficult to repair.......best of luck!!

Edit:
just checked aerosoft LEPA v1.05........ same story......just for extra info
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 07:07:05 pm by goosey »

fakeflyer737

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 08:38:23 pm »
would this by why I still have FSTD jetways showing up at KDFW with GSX Jetways showing up as well?

jg7xman

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 10:17:18 pm »
would this by why I still have FSTD jetways showing up at KDFW with GSX Jetways showing up as well?

Maybe. If you see both, you might want to run the FSDT GSX Control Panel.

johnnyfo

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 12:39:22 am »
I am almost crying, after a clean P3d v4.5 and GSX install I am having the same issue and did look for answers everywhere. In may case I already installed several airports, some P3D native and a few FSX and was able to configure parking and jetways in all BUT Dreamflight MRLB. When I go into the airport I am able to customize parking positions but get the infamous "Parking has 1 BGL Jetway" with no way to create the excluded file. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 10:25:06 pm »
We already confirmed this IS a bug, which will be fixed as soon as possible. Please try to be patient.

jamodo

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 01:40:34 pm »
Found out today that the issue has apparently been solved. It works again on my system. Great job guys. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 03:00:22 pm »
Found out today that the issue has apparently been solved. It works again on my system. Great job guys. Thanks.

Of course it has been solved, as I've said in my previous post on August 19th, it was a bug that I confirmed it would have been solved with the next update, which happened 3 days later, with the release of KORD V2.