Author Topic: No GSX menu The addon unknow is causing the Coualt Scripting Engine to restart  (Read 4434 times)

Cebran500

hello Umberto, hello everyone,

I’ve a very serious problem with my GSX and GSX Level 2, bought at Simmarket July 25, 2019.
I installed GSX (SODE, all V ++ libraries, ...) and it worked well for 10 days.

But since 4 days, I no longer have the GSX menu in my P3D Professional 4.5, just Addon Manager.

My last normal use: TNCC (TropicalSim scene 2013) to TNCM, with a 747-400 PMDG.
In the aircraft customization drop-down menu, I disable the Side Cargo Door. It's just like action and I did my flight normally until the end.

At the next boot of P3D, I got the following error message :
"The addon ‘unknow’ is causing the Coualt Scripting Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager. Do you want to open log see error details ? YES/NO"  (see my attached file Couatl.log and CouatlAddons.ini)

I’ve since 4 days made several actions to try to correct this:

Action 1:
- I disable my antivirus Kaspersky and Windows Defender, I’ve Windows 10 Home edition
- I declared Addon Manager in the exception list of Kaspersky and Windows Defender
- I launched the FSDT Live Update.

Result : In P3D, when I click Addon Manager, I get this message : "The Coualt scripting engine hasn't started. This usally caused by antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem : ..."  
It did not work. No GSX menu in P3D

Action 2:
- I disable my antivirus Kaspersky and Windows Defender
- I declared Addon Manager in the exception list of Kaspersky and Windows Defender
- I reinstalled the all software.

Result : same result, it did not work. No GSX menu in P3D

IMPORTANT : I forced Coualt to start from the Addon Manager folder by clicking on coualt.exe. Then in P3D, I clicked on Addon Manager menu and there I managed to get the GSX activation menu. But when I enter my activation keys and validated, NOTHING HAPPENS (I just go back to P3D and no GSX menu)

I am tired. I tried everything, everything in my power. Help me please.
Thank you in advance for your help  :).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:42:23 am by Cebran500 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
IMPORTANT : I forced Coualt to start from the Addon Manager folder by clicking on coualt.exe.

This is what is causing the problem in your log. You CANNOT start Couatl.exe manually, it MUST be started by the sim, which is of course how it's configured by default. If you try to start manually, it will never work and, in fact, it will happen exactly what's in your log: stuck with no connection.

You said the last thing you did when it worked, was edit the airplane configuration. Try to remove it, mabye there's something wrong with it.

Remove the airplane configuration from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder.

Cebran500

Hello Umberto,

thank you for your quick reply.

My problem is solved but not with your answer above.

Here's how I did last night:
- I deleted my Kaspersky antivirus and totally disabled Windows Defender
- I deleted the two folders Virtuali in % ProgramData% and % AppData% (there is no Aircraft folder in % APPDATA%\Virtuali, even in the GSX subfolder) => see the contents of my Vituali folders in my attached file "virtualiFolders.jpg"
- I launched FSDT Live Update
- Then I started P3D

I looked at the "CoualtLog" file and discovered the last line that talks about the "Hosts" file.
I consulted my "Hosts" and discovered 10 lines "esellerate.net" (I don't know at all what it is, how it happened there) => see attached files "coualtLog.jpg" and "hosts"

I deleted these 10 lines, saved my Hosts file and started P3D.

Everything worked  :)

All I have to do is reinstall my Kaspersky antivirus and check the Hosts file. I will do it tonight and I will keep you informed.

Thank you very much Umberto for your work.

Forgive my imperfect English.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:41:51 am by Cebran500 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I consulted my "Hosts" and discovered 10 lines "esellerate.net" (I don't know at all what it is, how it happened there)

I surely know how it ended there, if you want an explanation, send me an email or a PM.

wwa1750

I deleted these folders the way he did. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the c++ files.I have no virus programs and I still have the issue. whats next?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I deleted these folders the way he did. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the c++ files.I have no virus programs and I still have the issue. whats next?

Please post your error details, so we can check if you really have this same issue, or it's something else.

wwa1750

Thanks for your reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Those are not the error details. Assuming you have the same problem of this thread, which is called "The addon unknow is causing the Coualt Scripting Engine to restart", when you see that message, you are suggested to open the error details log, that's what we need to know the cause of the problem.

wwa1750

where is this error log?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I'll repeat it again, assuming you have the same problem of this thread, which is called "The addon unknow is causing the Coualt Scripting Engine to restart", when you see that message, you are suggested to open the error details log, that's what we need to know the cause of the problem.

Puchkov

Hello everyone.
Forgive my imperfect English, help me please.
The error details log:

couatl v3.2 (build 4251)
panic log started on Sun Aug 25 06:59:23 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 48, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 37, in importAndCreateInstance
Couatl.DecryptionError: magic number mismatch
{}
Thank you in advance for your help.

GEGE

Bonjour a tous,

Exactement le même problème pour moi sous FSX  :( :( :(. En pièces jointes captures d’écrans de mon problème.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:25:22 pm by GEGE »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GEGE, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the error discussed in this thread, and it was in fact a GSX problem, which happens in FSX only, since it tries to use the Fuel Hydrant, which is not supported in FSX.

This should be fixed by running the FSDT Live Update now.

GEGE

Virtuali, oui je m'en suis aperçu à force que c’était effectivement quand je coché la case Fuel Hydrant. Merci en tous cas pour votre réponse  ;)