Author Topic: Update to KORD v2 - MAJOR MISTAKE  (Read 2136 times)

c09RKC

Update to KORD v2 - MAJOR MISTAKE
« on: August 29, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »
Plz don't yell at me, very upset with self!

During my KORD v2 install it asked me if I wanted to uninstall the Addon Manager. I said no, but during the install I cancelled the install wanting to go back and remove the AM. BIG mistake. Now P3D v4.5 won't launch at all.

KORD v1 is in the Add/Remove List but when I try to uninstall I get "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager uninstall013.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall". Remember, I cancelled the uninstall the first time. MAJOR mistake.

I don't know how to get out of this mess. At this point all I want is for P3D to start normally, then I'll go from there.

Can you send me a link to the latest Addon Manager (all I see on the FSDT site is for fs9), and/or can you send me this "uninstall013.dat" file? If this is a Visual Basic issue, I'm sunk as I know nothing about VB.

Tkx much!!
Doug
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:39:45 pm by c09RKC »

c09RKC

Re: Update to KORD v2 - MAJOR MISTAKE
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 07:05:35 pm »
Addition to 1st thread... I reinstalled KORD v1, then uninstalled it. The .dat error's gone now, however P3D v4.5 still won't launch. This was caused by my KORD v1 mistake of awhile back. I won't install KORD v2 until the P3D issue's fixed.

PLEASE - any ideas? I've already run P3D REPAIR but doesn't fix the launch issue. Under Take Manager, P3D's not in the Applications list but the .exe is listed under Processes.

Doug

c09RKC

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:08:30 pm »
Another reply to my originals. Tkx for your patience - I reinstalled KORD v1, uninstalled normally then installed v2. All works. P3D launches. I installed v2 to "C:\Program Files (86)", the default.

Tkx very much!

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 11:39:03 am »
This is normal. Whenever you have a problem with an uninstaller, reinstalling the original product and uninstalling it again, usually fixes it.