Author Topic: Problem opening the FSDT registry key  (Read 2336 times)

kelsa air

Problem opening the FSDT registry key
« on: August 29, 2019, 01:48:16 am »
Been trying to reinstall my GSX Ground Services + Level 2 expansion several times.
But always gets this message:
"Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=b77a5c561934e089'

Appreciate if anyone can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem opening the FSDT registry key
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 02:36:04 am »
It seems your .NET runtimes are outdated. Download and install the latest version from Microsoft.

kelsa air

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:00:43 pm »
Already install latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
and reinstall GSX + Level 2 but when I start FSX I got this message (see attachmet) and GSX doesn't work.
How do I fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:27:32 pm »
Already install latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 - Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
and reinstall GSX + Level 2 but when I start FSX I got this message (see attachmet) and GSX doesn't work.How do I fix this.

It's not clear from your message if installing .NET fixed the updater error or not. If the update cannot complete, it's normal you will have issues running the product.

If, instead, the updater works fine, then this error is caused by something else entirely, that doesn't have anything to do with the updater. In fact, usually running the updater a 2nd time, will fix it, because it's caused by Windows setting an automatically compatibility key in the registry that shouldn't be used, and the updater will clear it.

kelsa air

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 02:24:20 pm »
The updater works fine. But when I click the Add-ons in FSX menu bar there is no GSX menu.
Or should I click 'Yes' on the Error message.
But will follow your advice to run the updater again. Thanks.

kelsa air

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 03:09:11 pm »
I ran the updater again twice in fact. But still the error message pops up.
So I click "Yes" on the error message and voila..... it actually solve my problem.
Now I can access GSX menu in FSX.
So I guess problem is solved and case closed.
Thanks for your prompt answer and solution. Do appreciate. ;)