Author Topic: Couatl script not working after new update FSDT Live  (Read 4147 times)

elphaso

Couatl script not working after new update FSDT Live
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:03:19 am »
Hi

Today, I got the pop up message FSDT Live update

so i updated with FSDT Live updater

but I can't get GSX service because couatl engine dosen't start properly

Yes , I only use windows10's  Anti virus and firewall and everything is off ..

1.Update and restart pc ...over and over

2.reinstall GSX V2  over and over to get addon manager

3.P3D V4 client delete and reinstall

However

it's not fixed

before i update FSDT Live, everything is fine  and working properly

but now FSDT products are not working

Please help me :-[

P.S: I installed P3D V4.4  not  V4.5
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:45:29 am by elphaso »

stoneman101

Re: Couatl script not working after new update FSDT Live
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 02:43:45 pm »
I too are having problems with the live update with Win 10, you click to start it and just disappears.

elphaso

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 03:01:43 pm »
I too are having problems with the live update with Win 10, you click to start it and just disappears.

you mean win10 update start?

elphaso

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »
I figured it out by adding path to exclude anti virus program path attached file

Everything is fine

I hope this solution help someone who are suffering from this kind of issue

Cheers

P.S: "제외" means excluding

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:25:59 pm by elphaso »

stoneman101

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 06:29:03 pm »
I don't understand that? Add the path to what?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:13:08 am »
I don't understand that? Add the path to what?
Your anti-virus. In his case, he is using Windows Defender, and you need to exclude the Add-on Manager path from being scanned.
Captain Kevin

stoneman101

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 02:48:06 pm »
For some strange reason, I had to reinstall GSX and and re validate all all of the FSDreamteam scenery and now everything works.  Thanks for the thoughts.

fernandito

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 03:11:11 pm »
I figured it out by adding path to exclude anti virus program path attached file

Everything is fine

I hope this solution help someone who are suffering from this kind of issue

Cheers

[Windows Defender??...That would not be a resolution in my system unfortunelly./quote]
FRL

Pmiller412

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 06:42:35 pm »
I too have the same issue. I am using Avast as my Anit- Virus program and I am not an IT wizard when it comes to writing code to not check my anti-virus. Help. This is BS that an update cause the software that work with no issues now wont work at all. Help please!

Pmiller412 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 09:39:31 pm »
I mean, this isn't something that's affecting everyone, so either something on your end is causing it or one of the cloud servers hasn't been updated yet. If it's the latter, the only thing you can really do is wait and try again later. I ran the update yesterday afternoon and had no issues, so can't really help you there.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 10:21:38 pm »
I am using Avast as my Anit- Virus program and I am not an IT wizard when it comes to writing code to not check my anti-virus. Help. This is BS that an update cause the software that work with no issues now wont work at all.

Then you should blame the antivirus makers.

It's precisely BECAUSE we had an update your faulty antivirus is complaining! See, some antivirus are so defective, they simply block anything "just" because it's NEW, so it doesn't have enough "reputation", since their flawed products are based on questionable heuristic, which basically mean:

"I don't have the faintest idea of what this program does, but it's new so, it *must* be dangerous, let's block it"

This way, those antivirus vendors, which base their business of fooling you into being able to catch threats "even before they are discovered", so they must rely on these questionable tactics and screw big time.

Of course, there are proper industry standards to prevent False Positive, which are:

- The Authenticode digital signature, to certify a file is really coming from us and hasn't been tampered with. Our executables are obviously digitally signed with it.

- The "Taggant" digital signature, which has been explicitly designed to prevent antivirus product to catch false positives. Our executables are obviously digitally signed with it AS WELL.

This is what every antivirus maker will tell you, if you complain ( as a developer ) your executable has been mistakenly flagged as a thread. They always tell you to sign the executable, and we signed twice, with two industry standards certificates, which costs some money to keep current every years.

However, some antivirus are so bugged, they trust their own flawed heuristics more than a standard digital certificate, so they block by default any new software that hasn't got enough time to get enough "reputation". Which IS BS, since how an newly updated file would have any reputation as soon it's released ?

So, keep in mind, the ONLY software that has "failed" you here, is your ANTIVIRUS, which is not doing its job, which is supposed to protect from real threats and don't interfere with legit products.