Author Topic: Running live update deletes my custom YVR ADE, without replacing it  (Read 8875 times)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Running live update deletes my custom YVR ADE, without replacing it
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 08:41:25 am »
Just to confirm, your personal (edited) file has the same name as the original file?

Jim B

Yes absolutely.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 10:11:22 pm »
I want the other files for the airports updated, just not the airport afx file. The updater is supposed to ask you if you want the new airport file like it does for all of the other airports.

I was replying to the other post, the one of the user that wanted to prevent *textures* to be updated so, in THAT case, you'll need a DONTUPDATE file.

If it's just the AFCAD, as long your file is named like the FSDT one, the updater will ask if you want to overwrite it or not.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 01:42:05 am »

I was replying to the other post, the one of the user that wanted to prevent *textures* to be updated so, in THAT case, you'll need a DONTUPDATE file.

If it's just the AFCAD, as long your file is named like the FSDT one, the updater will ask if you want to overwrite it or not.

I understood your reply about the DONTUPDATE, BUT those 3 listed custom afcads are of the same filename as named by FSDT AND they still get replaced without asking every time I run LiveUpdate.

Here's a screenshot from just now. Aug13, 2341z

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 03:27:50 pm »
I understood your reply about the DONTUPDATE, BUT those 3 listed custom afcads are of the same filename as named by FSDT AND they still get replaced without asking every time I run LiveUpdate.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. I made the following test:

- Modified the LSGG AFCAD

- Ran the Live Update

- As you can see in the attached screenshots, the updater DOES ask confirmation

- If I reply NO, the modified file is not replaced.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 07:48:37 pm »
Interesting, it didn't use to do this in my setup. It has been only within the past couple of months that it has started doing it this way.