Author Topic: Double gates in p3Dv4 HF3  (Read 3911 times)

ahuimanu

Double gates in p3Dv4 HF3
« on: May 27, 2020, 09:28:15 pm »
Hi,

I have both SODE and the original (but custom apparently) Ctrl + J gates.

I know that GSX will help me make excludes, but how can I fix this for the whole airport?  I thought FSDreamTeam would have done this for us rather the end-user doing this.  The GSX documentation makes it seem that I'd have to do it gate-by-gate, which would be tedious.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double gates in p3Dv4 HF3
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:55:04 am »
That's because you must have not noticed the red message on top of the screen, which came after you updated the sim, and said:

A simulator update has been applied, please run GSX Level 2 Control Panel, and click the Disable Default Jetways button.

This message comes out each time you run the simulator after an Hotfix. The GSX installer DID patch the default jetways automatically but, when you install an Hotfix, they are restored by the Hotfix installer so, in order to prevent you from the nuisance of having to reinstall GSX "just" to disable default jetways, the functionality is also available in the GSX Control Panel, and the above message is there to remind you of that.

ahuimanu

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 06:18:53 pm »
Hello,

Thank you, I did not notice the red message.

I checked the GSX control panel and here is the setting it is on (and on this setting, the FSDT gates at KDFW show along with the P3D gates).

https://i.imgur.com/DCIgkUy.png

BTW, the GSX manual is a very detailed and thorough document, thank you for keeping it up.  I don't know how I missed that part of the manual, but I will check.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:06:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13:54 pm »
Do you have default jetways showing at KDFW only, or everywhere ?

The GSX Control Panel surely must have fixed the double jetways on default airports but, at KDFW, we still haven't done a GSX profile with GSX/SODE jetways so, you are supposed to see custom FSDT jetways working with CTRL+J and nothing else, because GSX would add its own jetways automatically ONLY if a scenery uses the *default* jetway model, not a custom one. Those are never replaced automatically.

If you see the FSDT custom jetway and a GSX L2 jetway as well, it seems you made ( or downloaded ) a GSX profile for FSDT KDFW that adds GSX L2 jetways, but whoever made it, didn't include either the instructions to create an "Exclude" file, or they did, but you haven't followed them.

Normally, when you want to replace custom CTRL+J jetways on a 3rd party airport, you must follow the procedure explained at Page 61 of the GSX Manual, or in a video here: