Author Topic: LiveUpdate error  (Read 8233 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LiveUpdate error
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 02:51:20 am »
In any case, I had a look at your screenshot with the "missing" jetway and, guess what, that's how the real airport looks like!

https://goo.gl/maps/eFahp59RmvnCK19p6

They are rebuilding that gate so, of course, the jetway had to be removed, and that's how we modeled in the last update.

Martyjr

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 03:00:15 am »
Ok, fine, you don't have any customization. Which means, you should use the latest FSDT AFCAD, which should be updated, and you surely won't have any issues with jetways, which can only caused by the wrong customization used or the wrong AFCAD used.

Note that, nothing in this update has updated any files at KLAX since the last update in early July. Which means, if the updater made a backup now, that you modified the FSDT AFCAD OR you skipped the previous update.

The Live Update error message I seen in my first/previous screenshot is:

"Could not find a part of the path F:\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery\backup\KLAX_AP.BGL_8/6/2019 BAK"
I have no clue what that (part of the path) is all about so I posted the error in the forum.

And, that is where the Live update stopped (KLAXv2) as far as I can tell.

So that Path is where I went looking for the "backup" folder ..... not in any APPdata folders.

As far as missing an update ... I only run this Live Update when I an told to do it ... like today when I started a flight (like an hour and a half ago for time on Live Update).

I figured the "stub" (previous screenshot) hanging out of the terminal was part of the error I had.

What I need to know is ... am I all ok at this point?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »
The Live Update error message I seen in my first/previous screenshot is:

"Could not find a part of the path F:\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery\backup\KLAX_AP.BGL_8/6/2019 BAK"
I have no clue what that (part of the path) is all about so I posted the error in the forum.

Which has already been solved!

And, that is where the Live update stopped (KLAXv2) as far as I can tell.

That happened in the past. It's fixed now and, I believe you also said it didn't appear anymore so, why keep discussing about it ?

So that Path is where I went looking for the "backup" folder ..... not in any APPdata folders.

But I had already told you to look into %APPDATA%. But again, this is not relevant anymore, since you finally understood how to go into %APPDATA% and you didn't had anything there.

As far as missing an update ... I only run this Live Update when I an told to do it ... like today when I started a flight (like an hour and a half ago for time on Live Update).

I was referring to the previous update in July: this was a major update, and you surely must have seen it, since we sent notifications all over the place, by Live Update, by forum, by emails and on Facebook. And, nothing has changed at KLAX since July so, *this* update couldn't possibly result in any changes at KLAX.

And in fact, as you can see from my last post, the "missing" jetways is SUPPOSED to be "missing", that's how the airport looks like now.

I figured the "stub" (previous screenshot) hanging out of the terminal was part of the error I had.

What I need to know is ... am I all ok at this point?

[/quote]

DaveCT2003

• Online Virtual Pilots Association
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 01:20:25 am »
I gave you screenshots of what I seen in the error I got

No, that one with the error was the screenshot you posted in your first post, which it's of course now solved. I was referring to your last post, in which you made a screenshot of the scenery folder. Or, do you mean you *still* have the first error related to the backup of your modified AFCAD ?

Now for %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

My Appdata has some other folders ... Local, Local Low and Roaming.

I said %APPDATA%, which is NOT the same of "My Appdata". What you referred to "My Appdata", was probably the C:\Users\YOURNAME\APPADATA

If you simply typed what I said, precisely, which is %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, it would have opened the correct folder automatically, regardless if your user name.

Hey Umberto, myself and a friend have P3Dv4 installed to the default location, folder permissions are correct and the FSDT Live Updater has always worked just fine.  Today we both tried to run the Live Update, and both received the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.DownloadTask(String taskName, String remoteFolder, String localFolder, String relativeFolder, String cacheFileName, String backupFile, Boolean removeLocalNotOnRemote, Boolean recursive, Boolean bIgnoreModelCFG, Boolean bReloadCache, Boolean verbose)
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.FrmMain_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Couatl_Updater2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3815.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you please advise my friend?

Many thanks.

Psolov

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 02:25:12 am »
I am having the exact same problem.

Cheers, Pete

fire508

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:48 am »
Guess what.  Same here.  I believe it is on your end virtuali/Umberto.  There is no way that there are now 4 separate posts with the same exact error all of a sudden and it's "on our end".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:37:32 am by fire508 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 11:11:39 am »
Guess what.  Same here.  I believe it is on your end virtuali/Umberto.  There is no way that there are now 4 separate posts with the same exact error all of a sudden and it's "on our end".

And who, exactly, ever said it's "on your end" ? The error which was referred to in this subject has been long fixed, this one is NEW, and will be of course looked at and fixed.

FireCapt

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 03:12:20 pm »
Thanks , Umberto.

Working good now ;D

fernandito

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 06:14:12 am »
Hi, I ran into that same msg at top of post today not able to launch the update after uninstall and reinstall GSX. I got then same error msg "Unhanded Exception"..etc..etc

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'.
File name: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.CleanHostsFile()
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.FrmMain_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Couatl_Updater2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3429.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any suggestions please?

v/r
FRL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »
Hi, I ran into that same msg at top of post today not able to launch the update after uninstall and reinstall GSX. I got then same error msg "Unhanded Exception"..etc..etc

You might have got what looks to be the "same" message, but the cause is entirely different, and it's caused because you have removed your Windows hosts file altogether, which of course should never been done.

Recreate a new one, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21664.msg147330.html#msg147330