Author Topic: New discount options  (Read 55164 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
New discount options
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:15:58 am »
Following the very successfull Summer 2009 sale, we are now offering another way for you to get our products and save some money.

Starting today, we are introducing a new feature on our stores (both the Web Store and the Integrated purchase inside Flightsim), called Cross-Sell

Cross-Sell means, each time you select a product to be purchased, you'll be offered to get other products at discounted prices.

The only limitation, you need to purchase the qualifying products TOGETHER. It might be easier to use on the Web store, but it works also with the Integrated purchase process. You can buy several products in the same order, and get the discount on each one, but at least one product (the first one you choose) will be payed at regular price.

There are no Coupons to insert, and no other limitations. If this offer is successfull, we are planning to make it permanent, as the standard purchasing method so, at this moment, there's no expiry date for this offer. You don't need to do anything to activate it, the sceneries available to be purchased at a discount will be automatically presented to you, depending what you are buying.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:03:23 pm by virtuali »

SirIsaac726

Re: New discount options
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:01:46 am »
Excellent!

Lately I've been hesitant to spend money (don't ask why...I have no idea :D) and I ended up missing out on the Summer Sale.  Right now my flight sim. computer isn't working but perhaps I'll purchase the two US Sceneries I have left in anticipation of getting my computer working!

Great marketing FSDT! ;)

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 02:27:00 pm »
Virtuali,

This is normal with advertising today and I wish you much success with it.  

I do have one request/suggestion for the "in-Game purchasing component" of your interface; Could you make it possible to select more than one item at a time per one Credit-Card purchase?  It seems (I assume for your above statements) that your "new" method already does that, by suggesting another purchase option; but, what I'm asking is for the ability to choose 3 or more (or even  all) of your products via ONE-single credit card purchase. (Does that make sense?)  The reason I ask is because I've purchased ONLY using your in-game method before the WEB-Store or this "new" feature and have had to purchase each product seperately and pay extra for over-sea's Credit transactions for each and every product.  :'(  I'm sure you could improve your sales by reducing the extra "LOAD" that users have to swallow with each transaction.  Just MHO/suggestion/request!  ;D

Anyone else have this issue?  ???

Ciao!  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:30:33 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:03:49 pm »
I do have one request/suggestion for the "in-Game purchasing component" of your interface; Could you make it possible to select more than one item at a time per one Credit-Card purchase?

It's already like this. It wasn't possible before on the in game purchase, just because the Cross-sell feature wasn't enabled but, if you are buying now, you will see the list of "suggested" purchases also using the Integrated purchase process in flight sim, if you click on the additional products to be purchased at discounted prices, they will be purchased together.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
Grazie Virtuali!

I look forward to using it... when I get your soon to be released, NEW, and "Secret" FSX Tool and PHNL. ;)

Ciao!  :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46:38 pm »
Any chance it will search my purchase history, and not offer what I've already got, which is everything? ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 11:45:26 pm »
Any chance it will search my purchase history, and not offer what I've already got, which is everything?

No, that's how Esellerate works for that feature: it doesn't check your order history, also because you might have ordered using other names/emails so, it would never be 100% correct in any case so, it's best just to not check and always offer everything.

BTW, if you decide to purchase another copy at discount (for any reason, including having more activations to use on more PCs), why not let you do it ? The suggested purchases are *not* selected by default so, if you want to purchase them, it's your choice.

Mike...

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 12:45:07 pm »
Is there any reason why you haven't enabled cross-sell for a combination of EU and US airports? I was interested in LSZH and was possibly going to combine it with KDFW for a discount, but no such luck. So I think I'll hold off for a future discount that would allow me to get either or both at a lower price.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 12:51:24 pm »
Is there any reason why you haven't enabled cross-sell for a combination of EU and US airports?

None, other than we simply decided to offer it like this, and most of users interested in Europe don't buy US airports (and vice-versa) anyway.

So I think I'll hold off for a future discount that would allow me to get either or both at a lower price.

We usually have a least one promotion once or twice at year, so it's obviously up to you to decide if purchase or not, or wait.

Mike...

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 12:56:59 pm »
Cool, I'll wait.

carl42

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 06:24:07 pm »
I just purchased KJFK and KDFW.  I certainly appreciate the Christmas gift; however, I have one question.  Since I paid in UDS will the present EURO to UDS conversion rate be used in final cost.  At the indicated $33usd used the exchange rate is 1.44.  That rate is much higher than the presnt exchange rate which is about 1.32. Will the final cost be adjusted accordingly? This would make it more compelling to purchase more.

Thanks,
Carl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 07:46:59 pm »
The currency conversion issue has been explained several times on the forum.

First, it should noted that when you purchase something originally priced in a different currency, nobody applies the official Interbank rates, there's always a difference. This, unless you can pay in EUR directly.

On top of that, although we base the price in EUR, because we are located in Europe, we sell through Esellerate, which is a US company. This means several things:

- Regardless of the currency the customer use to pay (even if he pays in EUR), we'll be payed by Esellerate in US$. This exchange rate is, no wonder, worse than the official Interbank rate.

-  When we receive a payment in US$, our own banks are exchanging *again* from US$ to EUR and the exchange rate is, no wonder, worse than the official Interbank rate.

- On top of not applying the exact Interbank rates, our banks also apply handling fees just to handle a payment in a different currency.

Because of all these costs put together, we have to add a corrective factor to the official exchange of about 7-8%, to cover all the multiple currency exchanges.

We just can't changing prices up/down to follow the currency market, over time, we adjust them if larger oscillations happens. In 2009, when the EUR reached 1.51 US$, products like JFK used to be 36$, but we lowered the price at 33$ when the EUR was in the 1.3x range.

You just have to accept the fact (that we in Europe are very accustomed to) products are simply priced differently in Europe and the US, for the very reason there are additional costs involved in selling things in different countries/currencies.

For example, an iPad (just to mention a very popular US product which is sold here as well) starts at 499$ without taxes. The price in Europe before taxes is 416 EUR, which is 554 US$ at the today rate. That's a 10% difference, which is higher than the 7-8% we put up here, with the difference Apple is surely treated much better then we'll ever be in banks fees.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:50:58 pm by virtuali »

carl42

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 09:31:14 pm »
Sorry I didn't see the explanation before.  Thank you for the detailed information.  Still an excellent deal especially when you get both FS9 and FSX.

Merry Christmas

Mike...

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 01:40:44 am »
Is there any reason why you haven't enabled cross-sell for a combination of EU and US airports?

None, other than we simply decided to offer it like this, and most of users interested in Europe don't buy US airports (and vice-versa) anyway.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the change in allowing the customer to be more free in his cross-sell choices. It is most appreciated.

Manny

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 02:56:02 am »
This would hurt the ones who buy all FSDT products on day 1 (the regulars).  Since this group picks one at a time (at time of release)