Author Topic: KORD V2  (Read 33802 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD V2
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 04:50:24 pm »
I did re-run Live Update and noticed KORD v2 files downloaded so perhaps that was the issue.

No, it wasn't. We just added the missing red runway enter markers on hold short zones.

The floating objects only render on final approach after a long flight.

Them I'm afraid is the very well known bug of P3D 4.5, which in this case can only seen after a long flight. We *MIGHT* be able to fix it, because it affects only objects in .BGL file format but, for this scenery, we wanted to be as native as possible, and don't use too many Simobjects, which cause pauses when loaded or destroyed.

In our previous sceneries, we used Simobjects a lot, to bypass some limitations of the FSX SDK, but since it's not required anymore in this scenery, which is the first one that is made specifically for P3D4, there wasn't too much need to use them, since the P3D4 SDK give us lots of flexibility without having to use Simobjects, so we choose the smoother .BGL format for most of them.

This means, unfortunately, some of our objects will be affected by this 4.5 bug, which doesn't happen with 4.4. We DID use the Simobject format for SOME objects that we *know* they "ghosted" in the air, but apparently some of them cause a problem only after a long flight, but we would rather not going back to use Simobjects entirely, because it will affect the smoothness of the scenery, and create long pauses on loading it.

LM is fully aware of this problem, and I'm sure they'll release a fix for it soon enough.

hjmx

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 06:23:05 pm »
I also get it when I directly load KORD with the default airplane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 06:36:51 pm »
I also get it when I directly load KORD with the default airplane.

How much free VRAM you have ? It's possible that, with too high settings and VRAM close to exhaustion (or already exhausted), the problem might happen sooner, not just at the end of a flight. You can check your available VRAM using the default Performance monitor in the Windows Task Manager, and going to the GPU page.

jonesbr

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
I did a flight from KMCI to KORD and had the floating issue, I wouldn't classify it as a "long flight". If changing the roof back to simobjects fixes it. I would love that until LM fixes the bug. No other issues to report, but a floating roof on final really does bug me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 10:59:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 11:03:33 pm »
I did a flight from KMCI to KORD and had the floating issue, I wouldn't classify it as a "long flight". If changing the roof back to simobjects fixes it. I would love that until LM fixes the bug. No other issues to report, but a floating roof on final really does bug me.

We cannot just change the roof to a Simobject and, it's not as if the issue happens to everybody to the same object. Some users see some objects floating, other users see entirely different objects floating so, to be sure of fixing every possible issue, we would have to use Simobject for *everything*, but we didn't wanted to give a wrong initial impression this was another kind of KMEM or KCLT, with long loading pauses because they are all almost entirely made with Simobjects.

Could you please check how's your VRAM usage when you see the floating stuff ? Maybe if we could establish it happens when there not much VRAM freee, it might be reduced by acting on settings.

bmckay

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »
It happened again on a short flight from KIAD.

I was using about 5.5 of 8 GB of VRAM.

It seems like others are having this issue. I don't mean to be a pain but if there is a known fix why wouldn't you make it? This problem makes a $32 add-on basically unusable. I held off purchasing DD's Chicago airports specifically for this and I'm beginning to regret my decision.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 06:30:06 pm »
It happened again on a short flight from KIAD.

Have you installed the today's fix ?

bmckay

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 06:37:54 pm »
I have not but now I feel like I jerk  :-\

I will give it a shot. Thank you Umberto for listening to us!

jonesbr

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2019, 07:39:00 am »
New fix works great! No floating and working dynamic lighting! Thanks guys!

https://i.imgur.com/gi6XH0U.jpg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:51:34 pm by virtuali »

cirurgiao

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 12:00:46 am »
Maybe a dumb question but where can I get "today's fix"?
Tks
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 01:52:56 pm »
New fix works great! No floating and working dynamic lighting! Thanks guys!

Well, we haven't done anything to the dynamic lights, they were always worked. However, your screenshot looks very dark, have you changed the default HDR settings or are you using a Shader mod ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2019, 01:54:00 pm »
Maybe a dumb question but where can I get "today's fix"?

The FSDT Live Update, of course, the icon with that name on your Desktop.

cirurgiao

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 04:09:02 pm »
Sorry, a dumb question no doubt :(
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

DAL777-232

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2019, 09:57:55 pm »
You don't know how much I wish that the update for KORD would work on FSX. Or how much I wished that KORD was updated to 2019
SGT. Robert P Armstrong (Ret)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2019, 11:35:00 am »
You don't know how much I wish that the update for KORD would work on FSX. Or how much I wished that KORD was updated to 2019

FSX was already falling in usage before the announcement of MSFS 2020, but after that, it's even more clear how correct was our decision to stop making any new scenery for FSX. Making the KORD V2 for FSX would be a massive undertaking, because the scenery was designed right from the start to be P3D4-only and PBR-only, all work that would be wasted the moment MS will release the next Flight Simulator ( which will fully PBR too, since no modern game engine supports any other mode today ), because the few FSX users that haven't moved to P3D4 or X-Plane, would surely go to the new Flight Simulator.