Author Topic: KORD V2  (Read 33738 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
KORD V2
« on: August 03, 2019, 01:01:48 am »
A small video of the current KORD V2 used as a demo for PBR materials on Prepar3d, and a video showing the seasonal textures and interiors of Terminal C. For release only a few tests yet. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD V2
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 02:17:27 am »
And yes, we DO have a female McDonald worker as well, since we have two McDonalds inside T1C, and we all are for equal opportunities...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:19:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 02:36:23 am »
Now, before anybody asks:

- The whole internal of the terminal, is not loaded normally. In order to trigger a load, you must cross the inside perimeter (usually on foot, in Avatar mode), and only then the detailed interior will be loaded. Until then, it will just sit on the disk, not taking away any processing whatsoever. In normal use, inside the airplane, a way less detailed version of the interior will be seen instead.

- We are still working on some final optimizations, to allow passengers to be seen from the outside, but not when flying or taxing not particularly close to the terminal, and we'll have an option to disable the passengers with the usual YouControl menu, not requiring a restart.

- There are dozen of working display, which shows AI information in realtime. In this video, we use UT Live, so there's a small issue of not seeing the correct time of Departure or Arrival, since UT Live doesn't use a completely standard system of AI schedules and don't make that info available to other add-ons. But other kind of traffic, which use the standard schedule system, will show the correct departure/arrival times as well.

- The displays use the Render To Texture system in DirectX so, even if there are dozen of displays, they affect fps just like one panel.

- The scenery is made entirely in PBR, and it's compiled 100% using the P3D4.5 SDK (it will still work with 4.4 though, but not less than that). There isn't a SINGLE file made for FSX. The only thing you see there which work on FSX too are...the GSX passengers.

tangjuice81

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 06:52:25 am »
Outstanding work guys. Only thing I dislike is some of the GSX labels which don't represent the real airlines. Otherwise great work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 08:18:15 am »
Outstanding work guys. Only thing I dislike is some of the GSX labels which don't represent the real airlines. Otherwise great work.

Which GSX labels ?

Dimon

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 09:15:09 pm »
Quick question - is PBR mode the only mode OR we'll have a chance to opt-out for non-PBR? Many developers (Imaginesim and Simwings) mention that there are problems in SDK and some sceneries have issues with ghost objects. Oliver Pabst from Aerosoft clearly blamed LM. Just wondering if FSDT avoided it.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

paulyg123

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 10:53:01 pm »
Nice - do you have the phone number of that McDonald girl?
Can't wait for KORD to be released.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 10:23:23 pm »
OMG!! Fantastic job!! I couldn't imagine how much time you have spent on working this speechless scenery!!

Have you tested with Megasceneryearth compatible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 02:21:32 am »
Quick question - is PBR mode the only mode OR we'll have a chance to opt-out for non-PBR? Many developers (Imaginesim and Simwings) mention that there are problems in SDK and some sceneries have issues with ghost objects. Oliver Pabst from Aerosoft clearly blamed LM. Just wondering if FSDT avoided it.

There's no reason for not using PBR in this scenery.

Yes, we are obviously fully aware of the raised objects bug in P3D 4.5 which happens only in PBR but, we are not affected by it thanks ( as usual ) to our Couatl engine, which creates objects dynamically, but the bug happens only with standard .BGLs.

However, since with this scenery we are trying to use the standard .BGL for as much as possible, *after* LM will release fix for that problem, we can easily switch back the affected objects to the .BGL format again.

sparky23177

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 01:30:34 am »
My therapist says to be patient. He's no help.

Please soon :)

Peter

paulyg123

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 11:46:22 pm »
I feel your pain Sparky.  My default KORD is bad.  This FSDT version will really be a great add-on.  I am checking every day now - but I have a feeling it is still months away.

Ifikratis

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 01:26:39 am »
Any hint of whether the release has been postponed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 10:12:00 pm »
We confirmed multiple times, it will be released in August.

paulyg123

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 12:27:24 am »
Just a question on the KORD release:
Whenever it is released, will it show up on the main FSDT opening page?  Or will I need to search for the release on subsequent web pages?  Right now that opening is dedicated to GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:07 am »
Whenever it is released, will it show up on the main FSDT opening page?

Of course it will but, we'll send news all over the internet so, don't worry about missing it.