Author Topic: No Buildings  (Read 4410 times)

Hor1463

No Buildings
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:19:22 am »
Hi, I have problems with the OOM in FS9, so I installed the 4 GB Patch, but it does´t work. So I use the old FS9.exe at least. But now, all my FSDream Airports LSZH, LSGG KLAS have no buildings. I installed them once more, but no buildings. Can you help me, please
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:56:52 am »
The sceneries shouldn't be affected by the FS9.EXE. However, if you have used an FS9.0 EXE over an FS9.1 installation, there might be issues, we of course never test this configuration, because it will surely create problems.

So, first ensure you are using FS9.1 with an FS9.1 EXE

Then, check you see the Addon Manager menu under the main FS9 bar.

Hor1463

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
I use 9.1, I see the Addon manager in the FS 9 menue. There are the Airports and I can not klick on for example registartion or so. It lokks like, that the programm know´s, that I use an registated version. The next thing I have doen, is to remove all bglman files and klick on my reg. backup´s and then I install the 3 scenery´s once more. But there are still no buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:24 am »
As explained, many times already, if you have a registration or activation problem, the buildings will NOT disappear! The scenery will run perfectly fine for 5-6 minutes in Trial mode.

So, if you don't see the buildings from the start, it doesn't have anything to do with registration or activation, it's something else, like the Addon Manager not running for some reasons.

But if you see the Addon Manager menu, it means everything works correctly, from our side. The only thing that might cause buildings to disappear, is that you have an old version of the sceneries but, in this case, you should have seen a warning about it when starting FS9.  However, try to be sure you are using the current version of the sceneries.

Also, something that might cause this it's your G3D.DLL still from 9.0 but, in this case, you should have seen a warning from the installer, and the installation would have been aborted.

Another thing that might cause buildings to disappear, is if you have set the Autogen density at the minimum setting. The slider should be at least on the 2nd notch.

Of course, check your scenery areas are flagged as Active in the Scenery Library.

If it's nothing of these, and your sceneries worked fine before you restored your FS9.EXE, then we don't have any other explaination, except that something you did has corrupted your FS9 install in other ways. Or, something else is wrong on your system, maybe the same thing that prevented the >2GB patch to work, which is not normal as well.

Hor1463

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:04:00 pm »
Everything is ok now. I uninstalled all scenerys from FSD and uninstall the Addonmanager. Then I reinstall the scenerys and all works fine, thanks.
Roland

boomsonic

• BOOM!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 10:50:36 am »
Just to add another scenerio which may result in buildings not loading:

I installed FS9 and configured my FS9.cfg with all those tweaks that are recommended on the net (I actually replaced it with a pre-configured file I had from my previous FS9 setup). If you're having these problems it's worth locating your FS9.cfg file and deleting it. FS9 will of course produce a fresh one of these on next startup. The problem will be resolved.