Author Topic: BUMMER  (Read 7432 times)

SarahConnah

BUMMER
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:43 pm »
Yesterday [08-31-09] I took advantage of the 30% off sale and purchased Ft. Lauderdale, KJFK, Zurich and LSGG. I already 'own' KORD. After registering Zurich and moving to the airport I found that there were no terminal structures. I then moved to previously sucessfully installed KORD from a month ago, and I witnessed the same problem. I have not tried to install the other 3 purchases. If this topic has been addressed earlier can someone direct me to the fix?

Thank you and Cheers
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:26:28 pm by virtuali »

wideloadwhitford

Re: BUMMER
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »
I heard somewhere that you must turn your Autogen Density or your Scenery complexity up a bit. One of those.

I don't own Zurich so this is just a guess, and this is for FS9 I believe.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:06:17 pm »
Are you using FSX or FS9 ?

If you are using FS9, check you see the Addon Manager menu on the main menu bar. If you are using FSX, check you see the Addon Manager menu and the Couatl powered plugins under the Addons menu.

If you are using FSX and you don't see the Couatl powered plugins menu only, it's probably a problem of your antivirus. If this is the case, you need to reinstall the scenery with the antivirus turned OFF, then configure it to exclude the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe file from scanning, then launch FSX.

SarahConnah

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:01 pm »
I'm using FS9

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »
Ok, do you see the Addon Manager menu on the main menu bar ?

If not, is most likely the antivirus, so you need to exclude the FS9\MODULES\bglman.dll file from scanning and install with the antivirus disabled.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:48:10 pm »
I probably misread, but where there Grass textures around the airport or anything like that, I remember getting the demo a long time ago on my old machine and I had my Autogen to "None" and I could only see grass and such.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

SarahConnah

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 08:02:13 pm »
I've not had an opportunity to check these solutions(?) as of yet. Real world requirments prevail for now. Will post results. However, be aware, I'm no computer programer. On/Off switch, mouse and basics prevail here.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 05:04:36 pm »
Haha we all start somewhere!
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

SarahConnah

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 05:36:04 pm »
Okay...here we go.
I stripped all fsdt sceneries and addon magr.
I reinstalled O'Hare (addon mgr was auto installed with scenery) only, which I originally purchased in July and had been operating fine.
Everything worked fine.
Closed down sim and upon restart...crash to desktop.
Removed bglman.dll file...restart fine...no O'Hare structures (grass and pavements fine).
Tried this same scenario with Geneva...same result.

Additional note:
Upon FS9 startup I recieve the following alert:

SCENERY. CFG file error. Local scenery directory
(Addon Scenery\FS dreamteam\Zurich\SCENERY in scenery area 498 not found. Click OK to continue.

and...followed by:
Same as above with the exception of 'Zurich terrain area 487' replacing simply Zurich.

Problem is...Neither scenery is installed at all!
(Had installed and removed when this problem first arose)

I've been patient for a couple of weeks now working these scenario's, however with the investment into 5 or these addon's beginning to show up on the Discover Card...I'm getting antsy.

I'm not, as posted a couple weeks ago, a programer. I buy, I install, I enjoy. So far...not working out.

If I may: Time to resolve.

Anything I left out that is needed to know...just ask.

Thank you's

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »
Closed down sim and upon restart...crash to desktop.

This because you haven't installed a current version, or you mix-matched between files.

Please, install sceneries using recent version of the installer, that will get the latest version of the Addon Manager from the internet.

Upon FS9 startup I recieve the following alert:

SCENERY. CFG file error. Local scenery directory
(Addon Scenery\FS dreamteam\Zurich\SCENERY in scenery area 498 not found. Click OK to continue.

and...followed by:
Same as above with the exception of 'Zurich terrain area 487' replacing simply Zurich

Problem is...Neither scenery is installed at all!
(Had installed and removed when this problem first arose)

That's EXACTLY what FS9 is telling you: no scenery is installed, but there's still a reference to it in the Scenery Library. This because you removed the scenery by hand, removing the folders, instead of using the proper Uninstaller, which is of course in the Windows Control Panel

You can fix this, by removing all the orphaned areas in the FS9 Scenery Library.

I'm not, as posted a couple weeks ago, a programer. I buy, I install, I enjoy. So far...not working out.

No: as clearly pointed out by the previous message, you are also trying to fix things by yourself in the wrong way, which might further complicates issues.

Let's try it again:

Cleaning up first

- Go into Windows Control Panel, and remove everything related to FSDT sceneries. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

- Go into your FS9 folder and remove the whole fsdreamteam subfolder

- Check you don't have any bglman.dll and bglman*.dat. in the FS9\MODULES folder. If you still have them, remove them all.

- Check you don't have any other orphaned areas in the FS9 Scenery Library. FS9 WILL warn you about this (as stated above ). You just need to remove all the missing areas, until you don't get any warning anymore.

- Reboot Windows. This IS IMPORTANT

This should clean up your system, as if nothing was installed. Registration/activation it's not affected by this, as long as you don't reinstall Windows.

Start again

- Turn OFF your antivirus ( Yes, turn it OFF ENTIRELY)

- Launch a scenery installer, verify is downloading some files when it starts. Start with ONE scenery first.

- Leave the antivirus off, and launch FS9.  Check you have the Addon Manager entry in the menu, check the scenery IS working.

- Exit from FS9

- Configure the antivirus to exclude your FS9\MODULES folder (if possible to exclude a whole folder) or at least the MODULES\bglman.dll

- Turn ON the antivirus.

- Launch FS9 again, verify the Addon Manager is still running and the scenery is still working.

- If everything works, install the other sceneries, one at the time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:24:33 pm by virtuali »