Closed down sim and upon restart...crash to desktop.
This because you haven't installed a current version, or you mix-matched between files.
Please, install sceneries using recent version of the installer, that will get the latest version of the Addon Manager from the internet.
Upon FS9 startup I recieve the following alert:
SCENERY. CFG file error. Local scenery directory
(Addon Scenery\FS dreamteam\Zurich\SCENERY in scenery area 498 not found. Click OK to continue.
Same as above with the exception of 'Zurich terrain area 487' replacing simply Zurich
Problem is...Neither scenery is installed at all!
(Had installed and removed when this problem first arose)
That's EXACTLY what FS9 is telling you: no scenery is installed, but there's still a reference to it in the Scenery Library. This because you removed the scenery by hand, removing the folders, instead of using the proper Uninstaller, which is of course in the Windows Control Panel
You can fix this, by removing all the orphaned areas in the FS9 Scenery Library.
I'm not, as posted a couple weeks ago, a programer. I buy, I install, I enjoy. So far...not working out.
No: as clearly pointed out by the previous message, you are also trying to fix things by yourself in the wrong way, which might further complicates issues.
Let's try it again:Cleaning up first
- Go into Windows Control Panel, and remove everything related to FSDT sceneries. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?
- Go into your FS9 folder and remove the whole fsdreamteam subfolder
- Check you don't have any bglman.dll and bglman*.dat. in the FS9\MODULES folder. If you still have them, remove them all.
- Check you don't have any other orphaned areas in the FS9 Scenery Library. FS9 WILL warn you about this (as stated above ). You just need to remove all the missing areas, until you don't get any warning anymore.
- Reboot Windows. This IS IMPORTANT
This should clean up your system, as if nothing was installed. Registration/activation it's not affected by this, as long as you don't reinstall Windows.Start again
- Turn OFF your antivirus ( Yes, turn it OFF ENTIRELY)
- Launch a scenery installer, verify is downloading some files when it starts. Start with ONE scenery first.
- Leave the antivirus off, and launch FS9. Check you have the Addon Manager entry in the menu, check the scenery IS working.
- Exit from FS9
- Configure the antivirus to exclude your FS9\MODULES folder (if possible to exclude a whole folder) or at least the MODULES\bglman.dll
- Turn ON the antivirus.
- Launch FS9 again, verify the Addon Manager is still running and the scenery is still working.
- If everything works, install the other sceneries, one at the time.