Author Topic: Invalid Activation Key  (Read 14272 times)

Andrew226

Invalid Activation Key
« on: July 24, 2019, 07:17:12 pm »
Hello, I bought GSX for FSX approximately 3 years ago. Yesterday, I had to reinstall the GSX for my Flight Simulator but when I try to activate the GSX with my Activation Key it says that the Activation Key is invalid. Here are 2 photos, showing my problem. In the second picture it says that the number of Licences are only 1. Is that the problem?

P.S. I bought the GSX from SimPlanet, a website which is now out of order.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:35:17 pm by Andrew226 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invalid Activation Key
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:42:13 am »
The Offline License Wizard cannot accept old Esellerate numbers but, unless you are not connected to the internet, you are not even supposed to see the Offline License Wizard, because that only comes when the activation server cannot be reached and it seems not even the Esellerate server can be reached (although it still up, and will be up until Sept. 30th)

If your internet connection works normally, the problem is a firewall or antivirus which is preventing the software from going online. Turn off every firewall/antivirus you have, at least during the activation.

If the activation is made online, without the Offline License Wizard, your number should be accepted either on Esellerate and on the new Soraco server, because the old Esellerate keys are known to the new server, but the offline License Wizard cannot verify that if it's blocked, and it cannot activate an Esellerate key offline.

So, the first thing to do, which would make the activation much easier, is to be sure no firewall is blocking our software. Disable the firewall during the activation.

Andrew226

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 11:52:15 am »
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try to activate it without any antivirus/ firewalls

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew226

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 11:53:06 am »
Hello again,

I have disabled my antivirus and my firewall and I see that the problem in not solved and still tells me, the key is invalid.
What can I did now?? :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 12:08:30 pm »
I have disabled my antivirus and my firewall and I see that the problem in not solved and still tells me, the key is invalid.

As I've said, you are not even supposed to *see* the activation wizard, if your connection is not blocked. I'll try to explain it again:

- You have an Esellerate number, because it starts with FSDT

- Esellerate servers are still up, and the software tries to activate on Esellerate *first* so, if you cannot activate an Esellerate number on Esellerate, the only possible explanation is your antivirus/firewall is STILL blocking the software to access to the Esellerate server.

- However, if the Esellerate connection fails ( this is what will happen after Sept 30th ), the activation is tried on the Soraco/QLM server and, if the connection works, the Esellerate serial number WILL be activated there, since all our existing Esellerate serial numbers have been uploaded to Soraco, so they can be activated there, if the server can be reached

- When BOTH connections fails, the License Wizard will show ( you won't see it normally ), because it has assumed you have no internet connection, and the Soraco License Wizard will ALWAYS tell you an Esellerate number is invalid, because it cannot activate these offline.

So, if you aren't really "offline", the only possible explanation for you to see the License Wizard, is that BOTH connections to the two servers have failed and, since they are both up right now, it's clearly a firewall blocking the software. Be sure you turn off the firewall and/or give explicit permission to Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe to go online.

However, if you really cannot fix your firewall issue, as explained on the FAQ page of our site:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

you can retrieve your new Soraco activation key on the QLM Self Help site. This requires you bought the product either from FSDT or from Simmarket, because we linked Soraco serial numbers to emails for these orders only.

If you choose the option to have your keys sent by email, you'll get the new Soraco activation key which has been associated to your Esellerate key, and this one CAN be activated by the License Wizard, even when a firewall is blocking the connection to the server.

Andrew226

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 12:51:52 pm »
Thank you for the quick reply admin  :D ,
The activation is tried on the SORACO License Wizard as you can see on the following photo.
I bought GSX from SimPlanet, which has cεased operations now, so can you retrieve your new Soraco activation key on the QLM Self Help site. :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 02:01:48 am »
I bought GSX from SimPlanet, which has cεased operations now, so can you retrieve your new Soraco activation key on the QLM Self Help site.

You can't, because we don't have any emails of customers from Simplanet, since the suddenly closed the site without any warning and without doing a backup ( and still owing us some money... ). However, if you send your Serial Number to the support email, we CAN give you your Soraco key.

But again, it would be so much easier if you could just turn off your firewall...

Buddy1958

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 12:48:12 am »
I am having the same problems!
I disabled my AV and Firewall, but still cannot activate your product.
I've attached a screenshot of what I get when I attempt to activate.

As seems usual with "new" technologies such as this licensing thing, they always create aggravating and irritating results for the customer! And the "learning curve" is VERY steep!

Any help is appreciated.

Eric Faber
I own all and have invested A LOT in  your sceneries....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:21:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 02:22:57 am »
Please don't post your license key in public!!

Just type they key correctly, and it will surely work. Don't use copy&paste, because it's very easy to copy invisible characters from an email, that makes the serial wrong, even if it "looks" right.

Buddy1958

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 09:13:55 am »
Sorry about the serial number issue. However, After turning off my firewall, disabling my antivirus, AND entering the Activation Key MANUALLY, I am still being told my license key is invalid! This is getting WAY too complicated.

Maybe the offline option would work to activate????

Also: Tried to activate offline, but the QR Code with a smartphone also said invalid key....

Eric

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:25:49 am by Buddy1958 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 04:57:20 pm »
From the error message, it seems you have selected the wrong product before pressing "Register Serial".

Buddy1958

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 11:28:11 pm »
Well. This is proving to be the MOST annoying and non-straightforward "update" & "activation" i have EVER experienced!
I've tried every suggestion, and not one has worked.
I would like my money BACK. This is just TOO MUCH for me to go through!
How do I get a refund.
Please let me know, or I will dispute the charge with my bank immediately!

Eric Faber
NOT a Happy Customer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 11:43:10 pm »
Well. This is proving to be the MOST annoying and non-straightforward "update" & "activation" i have EVER experienced!

What you are experiencing, is NOT our normal activation method. It's the alternative OFFLINE activation method. You are not normally supposed to see that page. That page it's more like an "emergency" backup page that only comes out if the activation server cannot be contacted.

And the most common cause of the activation server being not reachable, is a firewall or antivirus on your system that is blocking outgoing connection to our software, so it "thinks" your computer is offline, so the offline activation page comes out, which is more convoluted, but is still working perfectly.

Normally, you only type the Serial Number, and it activate straight away, without that windows at all.

In any case, you are not getting any refund, since the problem is clearly caused by some error on your part.

But of course, I'll be happy to help you fixing it, and explaining what you did wrong, but of course this kind of support issue ( as clearly explained in the manual as well), should be dealt using the support email, not the forum, for the obvious reason we might require to exchange some private data about your and your order, which is why the manuals says any issue related to orders or activation, should be dealt with by using the support email.

That's what support is for.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:47:21 pm by virtuali »

Buddy1958

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 12:03:06 am »
Ok then I need email support.

Just deleted the directories in Addon Manage pertaining to KORD V2, as stated in this forum.

Still no activation via the "License Wizard."

AV & Firewalls are OFF during / after install.

Software now installed, but activation still reports invalid activation key.

Awaiting your support.

Eric Faber

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 12:05:17 am »
Ok then I need email support.

Of course you do, when you have an problem with activation, you should always use email, not the forum.

Awaiting your support.

Awaiting your email