Author Topic: Parking question MFSX  (Read 1966 times)

bcm652

Parking question MFSX
« on: May 04, 2020, 07:23:08 pm »
After an aircraft has landed and asks ATC for directions to the gate, does aircraft size matter when the gate is assigned. For instance, a King Air gets assigned to a gate with jetways and that only interferes with GSX ground service. Does the sim do the assignment regardless and can that be corrected. Could GSX reposition the King Air to a smaller gate or ramp in order to use the GSX ground service in MFSX.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:28:02 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking question MFSX
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:30:40 pm »
It's not entirely clear what do you mean with the assigned gate interfering with GSX.

You mean the ATC possibly assigning a gate you already selected to an AI *before* you get a change to get there ? That's the only kind of interference I can think of and yes, it can happen, since the default ATC cannot possibly know about what you selected in GSX, it will only considered the gate occupied after you get there.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
What I mean by interfering with GSX is the GSX ground service. When a King Air gets assigned to a gate with a jetway, GSX ground service like deboarding, boarding, does not happen, you get a message telling you it's happening and you can't see it happening.
GSX ground service at a small or medium ramp you can use deboarding and boarding does happen and you can see it. A staircase rolls up to the aircraft and animated passengers deboard and get into a waiting van which then leaves. That does not happen at a gate with a jetway. So my question is, if ATC or ground assigns you to a gate with a jetway, and after you have parked there, can you then use GSX to reposition your King Air to a ramp in order to use GSX ground service.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:36:26 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:24:50 pm »
When a King Air gets assigned to a gate with a jetway, GSX ground service like deboarding, boarding, does not happen, you get a message telling you it's happening and you can't see it happening.

That's not "interfering", that's simply the fact that, if you try to use an airplane that cannot really be used, because it's too small that none of the vehicles in GSX can serve it, the services are only simulated.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:05:22 pm »
Yes, I agree with you, it is simulated. I guess what I'm wondering about is, animated GSX ground service does exist and works quite well for small passenger aircraft when they are parked at a small or medium ramp instead of jetway gate. And you have suggested that animated boarding and deboarding for small aircraft at the gate is being considered and will be a future add on.
I guess my only option is to request ATC to direct me to General Aviation Parking upon landing.