Author Topic: "Jetway will not animate???  (Read 8966 times)

Carbonbell

Re: "Jetway will not animate???
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 12:47:53 pm »
Judging from your stopping communication with me, I can only assume that you have no solution to my issues with your product Umberto.  Poor customer service I’m afraid to say.

Since you have been clearly followed very thoroughly so far, with multiple replies, complaining about a supposed lack of reply for about 24 hours, it's simply wrong.

I cannot reproduce your error, and nobody has ever reported the same error so, it seems you are doing something very unusual or unexpected. Please post your GSX .INI file and try to describe, exactly, what you did.
And finally, when I attempt to add a jetway in the customization, I jet a pop up message stating the following:
The add-on <unknown> is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.  Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Add-on Manager from www.fsdreamteam...
Very frustrating to say the least.

Carbonbell

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 11:47:22 pm »
Judging from your stopping communication with me, I can only assume that you have no solution to my issues with your product Umberto.  Poor customer service I’m afraid to say.

Since you have been clearly followed very thoroughly so far, with multiple replies, complaining about a supposed lack of reply for about 24 hours, it's simply wrong.

I cannot reproduce your error, and nobody has ever reported the same error so, it seems you are doing something very unusual or unexpected. Please post your GSX .INI file and try to describe, exactly, what you did.
Ive re-installed and deleted a couple of times.  All GSX files come up as .pye files.  Is this correct?  If not, what must I do to rectify the situation?
Thanks.
David.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 02:45:58 pm »
I am not certain of how to locate the GSX .INI file.  Is this what you need?

Of course not. That's your Couatladdons.INI file. I asked for your own GSX .INI file for the airport you are customizing.

Carbonbell

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
There is no GSX ini file for the airport I am trying to customize.  That's my point.  I am unable to customize it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:05:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 05:06:53 pm »
There is no GSX ini file for the airport I am trying to customize.  That's my point.  I am unable to customize it.

So back to the original error message, which is not detailed enough, because Logging is not enabled. Enable Logging in the GSX Settings, and check the error in the %APPDATA%\Couatl.LOG file.

Carbonbell

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 03:08:18 pm »
So back to the original error message, which is not detailed enough, because Logging is not enabled. Enable Logging in the GSX Settings, and check the error in the %APPDATA%\Couatl.LOG file.

Here is to hoping that this is both the correct information you require and that you will e able to direct me how to rectify the situation I am experiencing.
I've tried to send it as an attachment so please let me know if it has not gone through to you.
Regards.
David.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 03:26:42 pm »
Yes, now the error is clear but, unfortunately, I cannot replicate it without further data.

- Is the error happening only on a specific airport ?

- If yes, which kind of jetways the airport comes with, by default ?

Carbonbell

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 08:43:40 pm »
Yes, now the error is clear but, unfortunately, I cannot replicate it without further data.

- Is the error happening only on a specific airport ?

It is happening at most add-on airports although, I have not confirmed with every single one.  Most notably it happens at Sim-Wings London Heathrow.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 10:25:53 pm »

Carbonbell

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 12:39:28 am »

Not sure of the question??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 02:15:58 am »
A 3rd party airport ( if this is what you use ), can come with a variety of jetway types:

- Static

- Default ( CTRL+J )

- SODE

There's a huge difference between those types, which is very important to understand how GSX L2 works and, of course, when something like an error happens, is important to know which is the case to troubleshoot it.

Carbonbell

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 03:21:41 pm »
A 3rd party airport ( if this is what you use ), can come with a variety of jetway types:

- Static

- Default ( CTRL+J )

- SODE

There's a huge difference between those types, which is very important to understand how GSX L2 works and, of course, when something like an error happens, is important to know which is the case to troubleshoot it.

So I have both SODE (at WSSS & KSFO FlightBean) for example but at Sim-Wings EGLL, I only have default jetway's.  I am able to use the service vehicles there though.  But once I attempt to customize the jetway at a particular gate, I get the error message sent earlier.  Ofter that, I am not able to use any aspect of GSX at the gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 03:24:35 pm »
But once I attempt to customize the jetway at a particular gate, I get the error message sent earlier.  Ofter that, I am not able to use any aspect of GSX at the gate.

This is not very clear. Are you saying you cannot use any of the GSX features *everywhere* or just on that airport you were trying to customize without success ?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2019, 03:29:15 am »
So I have both SODE (at WSSS & KSFO FlightBean) for example but at Sim-Wings EGLL, I only have default jetway's.  I am able to use the service vehicles there though.  But once I attempt to customize the jetway at a particular gate, I get the error message sent earlier.  Ofter that, I am not able to use any aspect of GSX at the gate.
Easy solution. If you go to the following link, they already have a SODE configuration for EGLL. Just download it and follow the instructions to install it, that'll save you a lot of time.

http://www.sim-wings.com/SUPPORT_SODE.htm
Captain Kevin

Carbonbell

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2019, 09:19:29 pm »
But once I attempt to customize the jetway at a particular gate, I get the error message sent earlier.  Ofter that, I am not able to use any aspect of GSX at the gate.

This is not very clear. Are you saying you cannot use any of the GSX features *everywhere* or just on that airport you were trying to customize without success ?

I understand it is confusing.  And frustrating.If I attempt to customize a jetway at gate 536  at EGLL for example, Once i get into the customization setting, and press "apply", that is when I get the error screen which I pasted earlier.  Onto of that, I then am no longer able to utilize any aspect of GSX at gate 536 at EGLL.  Nothing.  No catering etc.  I am not even able to get the option screen to do so.